*** Official IOWA STATE VS Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

Naddafinga

Aug 14, 2013
IA
There's got to be an ISU student out there that could walk on & kick better than theses guys.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It sounds like in practice both kickers have been solid. There's an in-game problem for our special teams and it's frustrating that a P5 team has these struggles.

• Dislike
Reactions: VTXCyRyD

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
We better hit the second half focused of this could be embarrassing.

And my god, the kicking game is a detriment, a negative where it’s supposed to be automatic. Figure that **** out. We’re going to need perfection to beat TX and OK.

• Agree
Reactions: CentexCyclone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We had chances to basically put this game out of reach at halftime.... but instead it's only 20-7... TT goes into the half with some momentum.... and they get the ball first after the half.

Could very easily be a 20-14 game after TT's first drive of the 2nd half.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Honestly, I think Saban hopes his team doesn't look good the whole 60 minutes. Otherwise he would have even a harder time trying to harp on his team for the most minuscule details.
Yep. He needs all the nitpicking he can get, to distract his players from "rat poison."

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Personally, I think CMC figured that for as well as we've been moving the ball, there's no reason to think that's gonna change in the 2nd half, let's take this opportunity to give one of our ****** kickers another opportunity to get his confidence back, cuz we're gonna need a decent kicker somewhere along the way, but probably not today.

It didn't work, so time for tryouts. What was the name of that horse in that 70's Disney movie that was a kicker? Gus? Maybe there's one of his offspring in the Ames area, sigh.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Tech can't run anything other than screen plays and can't stop us unless we stop ourselves. We got this. Our kickers are embarrassing though. Just start going for it on ever 4th down where we would otherwise kick a FG

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
1 and 1/2 quarters of domination, 1/2 quarter of "meh". Living dangerously letting an inferior team hang around on the road.

I don't ever want to see the defense that gave them that touchdown again....whatever the hell the coach called for that, just bury it. That was bend and break defense.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Help Support Us

Become a patron