*** Official IOWA STATE vs TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Prediction: we give up 10 points on forcing the ball into the high post and it turns into a layup for TCU.
TCU by 10+

prove me wrong mode right now.

Reactions: baller1

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
We need 4 of next 6, right? WVU, OU, and OSU at home. Baylor and TCU on the road.

Tonight is a must

Have to win at home but we've all seen we can't do that but need those 3.

get those 3 and tcu tonight and were ok.

hell, i might be more confident winning tonight than i am in our 3 home games.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ok, this week is it, put up or shut up time, no more excuses. K-State and KU starters played heavy minutes last night on 1 day rest and didn't look tired at all.

'As the mind goes, so goes the legs'.
-
a former ISU basketball player.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I know there isn't a lot of optimism with Cyclone Basketball after their recent play and rightfully so. Still the team isn't that different than the one that played well up to January and can get back to that level. I do think teams have figured out the plan to stop what ISU was having success with early in the year and it up to the Staff to make the adjustments. It worked Saturday for 3/4 of the game and I want to see what their next adjustment is tonight.
Does Enurana regain his starting spot? Walker or Tre become the second guard off the bench? Split between Conditt and Jones?
If nothing else it will keep me locked in at 8 tonight?
Go State!!! Be the Toads.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know there isn't a lot of optimism with Cyclone Basketball after their recent play and rightfully so. Still the team isn't that different than the one that played well up to January and can get back to that level. I do think teams have figured out the plan to stop what ISU was having success with early in the year and it up to the Staff to make the adjustments. It worked Saturday for 3/4 of the game and I want to see what their next adjustment is tonight.
Does Enurana regain his starting spot? Walker or Tre become the second guard off the bench? Split between Conditt and Jones?
If nothing else it will keep me locked in at 8 tonight?
Go State!!! Be the Toads.
To beat the Toads, we must first be the Toads. Love it.

Reactions: CascadeClone

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Prediction: we give up 10 points on forcing the ball into the high post and it turns into a layup for TCU.
TCU by 10+

prove me wrong mode right now.

100%

10 points.

5 turnovers

2 offensive fouls.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'd guess if things go well ISU is up or close until the 10 minute mark.

TCU imo is also just a bad match up and would be even if ISU were still winning.
I echo you on this. I think we'll compete most of the game. Our guys seem more focused on the road lately. We will probably be at arms length the whole way and then crumble late, lose by 12-20. The guys are really starting to mirror last year Prohm team in these Big 12 games.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Kind of a chicken and egg thing though maybe? We are bad so we get the F team more often?
Could be. I don't think he's the worst analyst but just wish he had even a tad bit of inflection in his voice. He sounds so sleepy all the time. He is pretty impartial from what I've seen, even when calling Baylor games. He does an ok job, just kind of a snooze to listen to.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I echo you on this. I think we'll compete most of the game. Our guys seem more focused on the road lately. We will probably be at arms length the whole way and then crumble late, lose by 12-20. The guys are really starting to mirror last year Prohm team in these Big 12 games.
Yeah, they just don't have enough to stick with teams for the whole game. Like you said probably play tough for a half or 3/4ths of a game and then TCU will pull away and win easily.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Not sure how I feel about not even thinking we have a chance, but here we are.
Praying for a win but have zero expectations any more.

Good luck boys - fight for a full 40 mins and who knows.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
3 and we’re on the bubble. Bubble is weak this year and we could catch a break that way. Could also steal one in KC to be a lock. If we get to 20 wins we’re a lock.
If a team can go 6-12 in Conference and be considered an NCAA bubble team, something is wrong with the selection process. Personally, I feel the same with 7-11.

It would be one thing if the Big12 had 4 top 10 teams this year, but the conference isn't Uber top heavy.

There are 25 win non-P5 teams that will get left out, that deserve an NCAA bid.

Sorry for the rant. BEAT THE FROGS.

Reactions: Stangguy

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
If a team can go 6-12 in Conference and be considered an NCAA bubble team, something is wrong with the selection process. Personally, I feel the same with 7-11.

It would be one thing if the Big12 had 4 top 10 teams this year, but the conference isn't Uber top heavy.

There are 25 win non-P5 teams that will get left out, that deserve an NCAA bid.

Sorry for the rant. BEAT THE FROGS.
In a normal year, they wouldn't be but other conferences are pretty bad.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10