***OFFICIAL: IOWA STATE vs. NOTRE DAME (POST) GAME THREAD!***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I was a little worried in the first half that all of a sudden in the 2, they'd start calling the ticky tack. Actually impressed tonight with the refs. And I don't say that often. They called a good game.

I actually thought a lot more fouls should have been called on ND for Georges. I will rewatch, but at regular speed, I thought he would have had a bout 5 and 1's. He was forced to tuck the ball like a fullback, and it seemed to suit him well. that was impressive.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I wanted to win by 20. Not even kidding. The Irish cockiness wanted me to see them do it.
Brey left starters in, did he not? What a *****.

And I gotta own it, Will was excellent tonight on defense! Picking it up at the right time of the season!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Holy crap! What a great performance by everyone! So many fantastic things. Great game plan. The team played great defense. Korie was really, really good I thought. Georges is a stud. Babb was hitting shots. Tyrus was Tyrus. Melvin was Melvin. Will was great. Bubu was good. Book gave us some great minutes. Lots of guys got lots of rest.

Cooley, still think we are like Depaul?

Sep 2, 2007
Clear Lake, I
Love this team. Man crush on Niang now. I recorded the game and I'll just label it IOWA STATE BASKETBALL CLINIC. Let's get Ohio State. The help D in half court was incredible. Did I say I love this team?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
We saw this kind of execution at times this year. When we are sharp, we dissect teams alive.

Complete domination, hard to believe nd could beat anyone, if our guys play like that I don't know who could beat them

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I left the party I was at with 2:30 left to go with no fear of loosing the game. #feelsgoodman!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I was a little worried in the first half that all of a sudden in the 2, they'd start calling the ticky tack. Actually impressed tonight with the refs. And I don't say that often. They called a good game.

I was worried at first because the big guys for ND were getting away with a lot in the first 5 minutes, but as the game progressed it seemed called pretty solidly. Not perfect, but it let the game flow.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
The ONLY thing is that Hoiberg just didn't call enough timeouts. :jimlad:
All kidding aside, the timeout at the end of the half was awesome to set up Clyburn's full court drive.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
If we play like tonight, we can go all the way. If we play like we did against Tech, you know what else can happen. I'd like to think we will come out hungry again. Go Cyclones!

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
We'll need him against Craft. He has to be on point. (Pun intended.)

Definitely have to be disciplined and sharp with our cross-court passes...Craft had about 6-7 steals on lazy passes around the half court. Just a nasty, good player.