*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Missouri Gameday Thread ***

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
This was first time i have seen Lewis, Talley and Beverley. I was not impressed with Lewis' shots. They were all flat and short. Talley and Beverley did some good things when they got in close, but they also look like they have a poor stroke from deep.

On the bright side, Babb looks like he has improved his ball handling and maybe his shooting. Wigginton is good and will get better.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Welp, considering Porter didn’t play, that was worse than I thought. And I had low expectations. NWB was the only bright spot, although not surprising.

It’s not the loss or the score, but the glaring limitations. We lack in every way on offense. Maybe a coach like Floyd could get these guys to win with defense and rebounding, but even that would be a stretch. We’re not big, tough, or athletic enough.

It’s crazy how poorly we added to this team in the spring/summer. I mean, we have glaring needs and starter spots available all over, and we end up having an open scholarship and didn’t add a single Big 12 level starter.

Last edited:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Playing against a team with the length that Missouri has when we are missing two of our tallest players was a bad recipe. Add poor shooting and obvious nerves and you get what we saw tonight.

I was really thinking we'd shoot better than we did, but not being able to get much done driving the lane made us pretty one dimensional and made it infinitely more difficult to put points on the board.

Shake off the rust and nerves and get back home for a win. There's talent there. Ball movement will get better as the year goes on.

Reactions: NWICY

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Well guess that streak is alive.

Really tough game, but not entirely unexpected (funny how the people saying all along that we’re doomed are the ones freaking out, isn’t it?).

Some positive things to take out of that too (great effort, solid defense at times). If you had told me DJ would be sitting at zero until extremely late, I would have guessed we’d be down 30.

Also, Brase and Lard provide help in the areas we were weakest.

Agree with the effort and defense comment. Neither Brase or Lard are going to stretch the floor. In order to effectively run the pick and pop you need a 4 or 5 that can consistently make the 17 footer. Lard isn't that and I'm not convinced that Brase will ever be truly healthy until Big 12 season.

Once again I come back to the comment of we don't have multiple players that will be able to eclipse 38% from 3.

Hopefully they will regroup and look sharper on Monday night.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Shake off the rust and nerves and get back home for a win. There's talent there. Ball movement will get better as the year goes on.
Is it there?
NWB and DJ are probably 2nd/3rd options forced to play the lead role, while everyone else are role players (at best for a couple) on good teams.

It’s been a long time since we had this limited of a team. Think Lee Love era. Prohm should get COY consideration if we surpass 15 wins.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Welp, considering Porter didn’t play, that was worse than I thought. And I had low expectations. NWB was the only bright spot.

It’s not the loss or the score, but the glaring limitations. We lack in every way on offense. Maybe a coach like Floyd could get these guys to win with defense and rebounding, but even that would be a stretch. We’re not big, tough, or athletic enough.

It’s crazy how poorly we added to this team in the spring/summer. I mean, we have glaring needs and starter spots available all over, and we end up having an open scholarship and didn’t add a single Big 12 level starter.
Ive got the o/u for you saying prohm should be fired at 12 games.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Welp, considering Porter didn’t play, that was worse than I thought. And I had low expectations. NWB was the only bright spot.

Giving up already? Last year’s team lost to Iowa by 14 points and Niang’s Jr year team lost to bad South Carolina team by a double digit. I think this Missouri team is better than last year’s NIT Iowa team. It is still early. One game does not make a season.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Regarding Lewis, his shot didn't look good. He had the reputation of being a very good shooter coming out of high school. Safe to say it was first game nerves?

I would say so, yes. He looked very nervous. As if he couldn’t get the ball out of his hands fast enough during his first roatation. I think he looked much more comfortable as the game progressed. Still a ways to go, but I do believe he has a ton of potential.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I would say so, yes. He looked very nervous. As if he couldn’t get the ball out of his hands fast enough during his first roatation. I think he looked much more comfortable as the game progressed. Still a ways to go, but I do believe he has a ton of potential.

He looks very long. Going to be tough to block his shot when he gets it going.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron