***Official Iowa State vs Michigan Gameday Thread***

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I can't be the only one that looked at the scoreboard with :48 seconds remaining with ISU up by 5 points and had a horrible deja vu feeling. All I could see where flashbacks to the Kansas screwjob game from last season. Glad to see history didn't repeat itself.
You were not alone.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I am late to this, but I don't post while I am watching, and I watched the game on ESPN. For once they had the whole game without stupid interruptions. Can't say enough about Ejim. It was a happy day when he put on an ISU uniform. Besides that, the team looked really outstanding, that was a very good team. It was sure nice to have the game in Hilton.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
as far as the chants, a friend in CA said the refs warned them if they kept up the F McGary chants ISU would have got a technical. They still did it but nothing happened. Wondering if that is true?

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
as far as the chants, a friend in CA said the refs warned them if they kept up the F McGary chants ISU would have got a technical. They still did it but nothing happened. Wondering if that is true?
i think we would have just switched/ alternated with **** the refs then... you arent gonna stop 2500+ determined people when they put their mind to something

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Crowds can only be assessed a technical foul if the safety of either team is in danger (throwing stuff on the court or rushing it) I think. They cannot be called for cheering

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008

I don't think they would do that. What's to stop one of our students from throwing on a Michigan shirt and yelling obscenities at the ref? Would they call a technical on Michigan?

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
as far as the chants,a friend in CA said the refs warned them if they kept up the F McGary chants ISU would have got a technical. They still did it but nothing happened. Wondering if that is true?
Probably the ******* that controls the twitter account said it to try to stop people. No way a ref would actually say that.

TurdFerguson

Sep 13, 2013
Not to damper a great win, but there are 2 annoying observations that I feel the need to comment upon. First, what's up with no giant Niang cut-out this year?

Second, As I feverishly cheered on our team from the balcony, with the rest of the great fans in our section, I found myself sharing the isle with many ISU student athletes in the adjacent section. Almost all of the student athletes passionately cheered on their fellow student athletes, almost all of them, except for the members of the football team. With the exception of the occasional dull golf clap, they all remained seated looking like zombies. It's as if Mr. Brackens syphoned all of their enthusiasm for himself! I know some probably don't see this as a topic of discussion, but come next Saturday when anyone besides Brackens pumps their arms in the air in an attempt to rile the crowd, this will come to my mind.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron