OFFICIAL: Iowa State vs. Memphis in the Liberty Bowl

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Everything I read about this game basically says Iowa State cant hold Memphis's jock strap.....

Quite a few talking heads are taking the Tigers, but I haven't seen a lot of guys that think Memphis will roll. Vegas betting thinks it's a three point game so it shows they believe we have a good shot.
I like our chances with DM and Lazard showing they are just as talented as their 1st team AA WR.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Quite a few talking heads are taking the Tigers, but I haven't seen a lot of guys that think Memphis will roll. Vegas betting thinks it's a three point game so it shows they believe we have a good shot.
I like our chances with DM and Lazard showing they are just as talented as their 1st team AA WR.
Yep, we just can't let the WR Miller completely destroy the game (and he can, he's that good), If we somewhat hold him in check I think we have an excellent shot.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: khardbored

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Based on the two breakdowns Jay Jordan did about Memphis (one about their defense, one about their offense), it looks like we really do have a decent chance. Not a walk in the park, by any means, but I'm thinking the coaches are using a good part of the bowl practices to work on the unique quirks that are Memphis.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
Giggity.

15700261_G.jpg

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I gotta tell ya, Memphis folks have been incredibly nice and helpful. Seriously wonderful people so far.

Reactions: weR138

Tigerx3

Dec 4, 2017
Congratulations on the win. The games was a lot fun. Met and talked to a lot of ISU fans and it was a pleasure to host you.

That was two good teams that fought to the end. We missed not having Henderson our RB that avg over 9 yards per carry and Miller not being healthy. Mostly your relentless pass rush kept us well below our typical numbers. Stats were very close as was the score.

Hope you had a good time. Come on back anytime. I’ll be in Iowa City in May for a meeting at ACT. Looking forward to that trip.

Happy New Year!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron