OFFICIAL: Iowa State vs. Memphis in the Liberty Bowl

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
FYI, the "Action Pack Sideline Seats" on the Liberty Bowl website are not available because Iowa State Ticket Office took all of them. They offered me Section 110 (corner) Row 47 for $485 (four tickets, four buffets, and a parking pass). No thanks. The Iowa State Ticket Office will be better.

I waited on hold for a long time, so I thought I would pass along the info if someone else was thinking about it.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Vegas must not think much of the polls when a unranked Iowa State team is a three point dog to Memphis on their home field.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Tigerx3

Dec 4, 2017
The AD and President make the decisions. We have our on University Board and they approve hires like this one. We have people who serve in the role as a Board of Visitors who may be involved in an advisory capacity on the athletic council. Like Brad Martin, former CEO of Saks who coincidentally also once served as an interim president before Rudd was hired.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
So the football coach negotiates directly with the Board of Regents? Interesting. And Norvell seems a bit under-dressed for the occasion.

What? I would of had on sweat pants, tee shirt, and tennis shoes. They don't pay him to dress, but win games.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Mapdude

Dec 3, 2017
Welcome Mapdude! Lot's of good reviews of Memphis here from the last Liberty Bowl. I posted in here that I would've liked to beat an SEC team in the Liberty Bowl. That's far from a slight against Memphis. I'm sure you feel the same way. Fact is Memphis is legit, deserves their ranking, and will be a great opponent.

I just want to know if you find the dumpster fire in Knoxville as hilarious as we do?

SECSECSECSEC...

You have no idea how happy it make me to see them suffer.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Does anyone know what the swag gift is for players for the LB? I heard it is sweet this year bud didn’t know details. TIA

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
What? I would of had on sweat pants, tee shirt, and tennis shoes. They don't pay him to dress, but win games.

TOE had a basketball coach that thought the same thing. Didn't work out too good for him.

Mapdude

Dec 3, 2017
Does anyone know what the swag gift is for players for the LB? I heard it is sweet this year bud didn’t know details. TIA

AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Iowa State vs. Memphis
- Bass Pro Shops shopping trip
- Bulova Caravelle watch
- Nike athletic shoes, sport sandals and backpack
- football

I think the Bass Pro Shop trip is worth $500

• Disagree
Reactions: im4cyru and aauummm

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
AutoZone Liberty Bowl: Iowa State vs. Memphis
- Bass Pro Shops shopping trip
- Bulova Caravelle watch
- Nike athletic shoes, sport sandals and backpack
- football

I think the Bass Pro Shop trip is worth $500
With that Bass pro shop card the entire team should get Henry golden boys, lol.

• Agree
Reactions: Blandboy

Mapdude

Dec 3, 2017
With that Bass pro shop card the entire team should get Henry golden boys, lol.
I read somewhere but could not find it online. All that stuff above is from the Liberty Bowl. The University of Memphis and the conference is throwing in some additional goodies. I assume ISU and your conference is doing the same.

TigerfanPG

Dec 9, 2017
Love Iowa State fans.
I sat with Iowa State fans in 2012 and we had a blast.
Advice- Show up for game early onTiger Lane- find a tail gate group from Memphis- Say from Iowa and love Memphis- Anything open before game? Bingo -your in and Memphis fans will offer drinks and food!!!
You guys will have a blast like I did 5 years ago!
God Bless all Iowa State Fans On your travels to Memphis!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron