*** Official IOWA STATE VS Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In some ways the best win so far this year (obviously KU game has more merit so probably stays above).

Stars aren't playing their total A game but freshman steps up for a fantastic game including put backs. Weather the storm and never let it get within 2 possessions, hit free throws, and get a win that I didn't see as one of the 3 they need, which is now pretty attainable 2.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Well, I usually drink Jack or Makers. I've been trying different bourbons lately; tonight it was Evan Williams. Even though I didn't like it as much as Makers, this will be my gameday drink until we lose. You're all welcome.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
First game I actually watched the entire game, just wasnt all that watchable to watch street ball earlier this year. This is a lethal team now, with a post pressence and shooters galore. We are going to scare the snot out of teams in both of the upcoming tournaments.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Good win. Yeah it would've been nice to bury K-State but that's hard to do to any decent team on the road. Definite improvement vs the home victory. Now to get 2 more wins so NCAA berth feels secure.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
For the upteenth game in a row, why isnt Matt Thomas shooting twice as many 3s. With his shooting percentage right now, he would breaking season records if he was shooting more.
They were focusing on him, especially in the 1st half. They had a speedy guy on him that wasn't even trying to play help D. He didn't have much room to operate.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
For the upteenth game in a row, why isnt Matt Thomas shooting twice as many 3s. With his shooting percentage right now, he would breaking season records if he was shooting more.

Most teams tar and feather him. I'm usually very surprised when he's remotely open.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Glad we got that MUST WIN game on the road. But seriously, team looked great, made free throws at the end, and really never gave the other team a chance. Ya they made a run and closed the lead, but we extended the lead and kept them at bay. Kiss my ass Vegas with your KSU by 4.5 points garbage.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I've been saying the same thing. I seriously think Prohm should make sure he has at least 10 three point attempts per game. Until he starts missing at a concerning level, he needs to be firing them.