*** Official IOWA STATE VS Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
PJ on Iowa State- "No one is going to want any part of them in the NCAA tournament".

I always liked PJ's insight.

I was a little leery of the NBA announcer thing, but he really impressed me. Had good insights and was entertaining too. Loved hearing that he thinks Monte can stick in the NBA (I agree). There's got to be a place on a team for a guy that steady as a floor general.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
1jqqm7.gif
I love how Babb went up but Young just snatched it out of the air like "nope it's mine"

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If I'm not mistaken, the first 5 baskets were made by 5 different guys last night, if not it was like 5/6 or something like that. You could tell the team had a different mindset, having an legit '5' and moving the ball the way they did, its almost impossible to stop this team. The way they spaced the floor looked almost Hoiball-ish.

Reactions: WastedTalent

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It was nice not hearing more about Frank Mason and Kansas than the two teams that are playing.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I did like having Holly Rowe there though.

I thought they actually knew a little more about our team than some of the college guys we have had this year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was a little worried when Jackson got in the last part of the game due to his TO's but also encouraged that Prohm still showed confidence in him.

He's been a real great asset this year and I hope he continues a nice season.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Someone tell me was it a block or a goal tend. I thought it looked like a block....

You need to get your eyes checked. Easiest goaltend ever

On the KSt message boards some were saying it was actually a block. I'm too busy to look it up at the moment, but I guess something about you can block it after hits the backboard, if it's still below the cylinder. I'm not sure how a ref could make that distinction on a bang bang play, but supposedly it's not always a guaranteed goaltend if it's blocked after hitting the backboard.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
And possibly go 0 for 4 in Texas. I bet that has never happened either. Need to bring our A game to Lubbock.

Is this one of those "get off my lawn" kind of posts?

Beat 4 programs with lots of history of playing very good basketball, on the road, and we jump to we still must suck because we lost a couple of 2 point games in the state of Texas.

I need to better understand the glass half empty world, so I can better comprehend things like this.

Its a big enough of a bummer when you lose, to try and figure out a negative after a win, is a headscratcher.

Great win, beating 4 historically top basketball programs on the road in 1 season, is an amazing accomplishment. This should not be downplayed in any way, shape or form.

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Is this one of those "get off my lawn" kind of posts?

Beat 4 programs with lots of history of playing very good basketball, on the road, and we jump to we still must suck because we lost a couple of 2 point games in the state of Texas.

I need to better understand the glass half empty world, so I can better comprehend things like this.

Its a big enough of a bummer when you lose, to try and figure out a negative after a win, is a headscratcher.
What I was trying to say is we swept the Oklahoma and Kansas schools on the road which are historically much better teams than the Texas schools yet we might (and very well could because Tech is very good and has had our number in Lubbock) lose to Tech and go 0 for 4. But yeah go ahead and assume I am negative in every post. Take a peak at my post history before assuming.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Great win and first time I can remember this year where they put together back to back good games. If KU beats Baylor on Saturday ISU has a chance, slim i know, to finish second in the league but they would have to win out. Which isn't likely.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
What I was trying to say is we swept the Oklahoma and Kansas schools on the road which are historically much better teams than the Texas schools yet we might (and very well could because Tech is very good and has had our number in Lubbock) lose to Tech and go 0 for 4. But yeah go ahead and assume I am negative in every post. Take a peak at my post history before assuming.

So your not saying going 0-4 in Texas takes away from going 4-0 at OSU,KSU,KU and OU?
Because your reply to a positive 4-0 comment, got right to well we never went 0-4 in Texas either..