******OFFICIAL IOWA STATE VS KANSAS GAME DAY THREAD******

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
good luck tonight Clones! you guys owe them one for the screw job you endured last time they came to Hilton. I've never been more ****** off about the end of a game that didn't involve my Baylor Bears...

Life on the road is tough in the Big XII...duh... but there are no places tougher than Phog and Hilton... Kick their *** tonight!

if you and OSU both take them to 4 or 5 OT's this week, maybe the Bears will have a chance at PAFH next Monday.

In any case we will know alot more about the JayHawks next Tuesday after they play ISU, OSU and BU three in a row...even if two of those are at home...

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I liked this short game synopisis. 4 hours...

Iowa State looks for Vengence vs Kansas

GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 15 Kansas at No. 8 Iowa State, 9:00 p.m.The toughest place in America to earn a road win these days is Hilton Coliseum, home of the No. 8 Iowa State Cyclones. And on Monday night, those Cyclones will get a visit from Kansas, the premier program in the Big 12 over the last decade. The Jayhawks haven’t quite looked dominant yet this season, losing four games through the first two months of games. That said, Kansas is still Kansas until they can no longer be called the reigning champs, and Iowa State has as good of a chance as anyone in the league to unseat them this season.Adding even more intrigue to this game, however, is the fact that the Cyclones came so close to beating Kansas twice last year. They twice lost in overtime to the Jayhawks, once because Ben McLemore banked-in a three at the buzzer and once because Elijah Johnson went bonkers down the stretch and earned the benefit of a blow charge call. Tonight, Iowa State will likely have Deandre Kane in uniform, but he is unlikely to be at 100%. We’ll see, but regardless of who suits up, this will be a battle in front of a raucous arena.

Monday’s Pregame Shootaround: Iowa State looks for vengeance vs. Kansas | CollegeBasketballTalk

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Game day. Big Monday. Let's Do This!

The-Ghostbusters-Ready-For-Action-Gif.gif

Let's show this prehistoric ***** how we do things downtown... THROW IT!

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Man I am glad work is busy today or I would be going crazy. Gotta feeling something special is going down tonight!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Love this game is at 8...usually the kids bedtime routine wraps up about 7:30-45......i can usually DVR and start late, but this way I can watch uninterrupted without taking my frustrations out on my kids. :)

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Has anyone found out who the refs are for tonight?

Whomever it is, they know what happened last year, and I would be very surprised if ISU does not get the benefit of the doubt on calls this year. ESPN is gonna replay the questionable calls prior to the game. It will be talked about.

The Big 12 knows officials for this game are going to get closely scrutinized. They are going to tell their crew same.
Its prime time, and they do not want that fiasco that happened last year to happen again.

Coach Self may try to get his usual T, but unlike most games, don't think it will produce the usual dividends.

ISU has got to box out, because they are going to get over the back calls that are not normally whistled against KU if they get good position.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron