****Official Iowa State vs Cincinnati in Vegas Gameday Thread****

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, how did Cincinnati get the ball on the "alternating position" when Niang tied up the guy?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Very surprised Hoiberg allows Luscious to make selfish and bonehead plays time and time again. He is talented, but incredibly stupid on the basketball court. Someone needs to knock sense into him.

This surprises me too. All the turnovers would frustrate me enough, but when he doesn't even hustle after a loose ball that was poked away from him by a Cincy defender... I would have completely lost my cool at that point. IMO he should have sat for a long time after that play.

But instead Hoiberg let's him basically play the rest of the game. I don't know what it's going to take for Korie to learn, but I would think giving Naz Long more minutes than Korie might do the trick?

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Sorry.....I just don't see where Cincy is all that good. They have some good shooters, but other than Kilpatrick, no one was all that impressive tonight. They will make the tourney, but playing in the Big East, I don't think they will be in the top 25 by season's end. Their bigs are just not good, and are prone to foul.

For ISU.....KL is not impressive at all. I'm not sure he will be. Look at his record at Michigan State..it was not that impressive. Maybe we just expected too much from him, but he has not shown to be very solid at all yet. Way more turnovers than assists.....that is not good for any guard....let alone your point.

Team can't make free throws...and it hurt them in this game. If that does not improve drmatically, it is going to hurt them in a lot more games. I'm sure most of these guys could make their free throws in high school, but they seem to have lost their touch. Kind of disappointing for an FH coached team.

ISU should have won this game. Just too sloppy, and too poorly played. They let one get away, imo.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Maybe the next time we see a tough top 25 team scheduled on November 23rd, we won't schedule four of the worst teams in the country leading up to it. We played well in stretches, but I'm not sure we were ready to face a good, tough team.

Cincinnati is a solid team, though, and this was expected. We can get back on track with a couple wins against Oregon and BYU.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I know where there is a ledge is some of you want to start jumping. I won't push you, but I'll loosen up some of the rocks to help facilitate your demise.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Well, what looked like was going to be a great day for Cyclone sports ended up being a big ole kick in the balls. Tough losses for both squads. Sucks to have been so close to 7-5 in FB and (maybe) being ranked in the top 25 in BB.

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
I like that Hoiberg lets his players play through mistakes..but I really wish he would set Luscious' *** on the bench for extended periods of time when he consistently makes stupid plays..i just don't understand how you can have that low of a basketball IQ. I thought Chris Allen was bad...

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Free throws and turnovers by Lucious was the straw the broke the camels back for us!! Give the bearcats credit, they are a heck of a team. Kilpatrick goes 16/16 from the freethrow line! And then we have Georges Niang that went 0/6 at the line.

Coach Hoiberg is an amazing coach, but I don't understand why he didn't insert Naz Long in the lineup when Korie Lucious was making bone head plays at critical points in the game!!

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
True point guard my ***.... he's the worst decision maker on the team, he doesn't run the offense at all... hopefully hoiberg makes him understand his job as the point guard better fast...
I'm just saying that he's been advertised as a true PG all offseason. So far that has been proven to not be true

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I have to say that this "tournament" has an NCAA tournament feel to it. Good basketball being played in Las Vegas this weekend. Cincinatti's coach said it himself, all 4 teams seem like tournament teams.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I have to say that this "tournament" has an NCAA tournament feel to it. Good basketball being played in Las Vegas this weekend. Cincinatti's coach said it himself, all 4 teams seem like tournament teams.

NCAA tourney feel, minus the fact that their was maybe 50 people in the arena. Not sure if you watched it but it looked like an open scrimmage there was NOBODY there.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
NCAA tourney feel, minus the fact that their was maybe 50 people in the arena. Not sure if you watched it but it looked like an open scrimmage there was NOBODY there.
I meant the actual basketball being played, not butts in the seats.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron