*** Official IOWA STATE vs #4 TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I really want to care about this game but my basketball boner is using up all my fandom at the moment. It's been well past 6 hours now so maybe I should call a doctor.
giphy.gif

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
I really want to care about this game but my basketball boner is using up all my fandom at the moment. It's been well past 6 hours now so maybe I should call a doctor.
I’ve given all that I could to this football season. Got nothing left for this game and almost forgot they even play today.

• Sad
Reactions: joefrog

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Okay, now explain this to me after watching the TCU field goal replay. I’m games, we have had the refs hold for 5 seconds or more when we subbed but when TCU ran on the field, the ref marked the ball and ran out immediately. Shouldn’t he have sat on the ball on let Baylor sub? Looks like TCU should not have had an opportunity to kick the FG. I dislike Baylor, but that is the refs not doing what they are supposed to do and being inconsistent.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Okay, now explain this to me after watching the TCU field goal replay. I’m games, we have had the refs hold for 5 seconds or more when we subbed but when TCU ran on the field, the ref marked the ball and ran out immediately. Shouldn’t he have sat on the ball on let Baylor sub? Looks like TCU should not have had an opportunity to kick the FG. I dislike Baylor, but that is the refs not doing what they are supposed to do and being inconsistent.
I'm not going to look it up, but there is a specific rule for FG situations, where it is on the defense to have their players ready to go. So defenses cannot do the delay on substitution trick.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I’ve given all that I could to this football season. Got nothing left for this game and almost forgot they even play today.
Stop and think what you just posted, and how depressing it is.

Not knocking you, but agreeing.

Now think that the head coach is getting over $4million for this insulting season.

Such a waste of a BCS level defense.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I’m really torn this week, for the first time in the CMC reign. Preface - I like TCU- we have been to Ft. Worth multiple times for early season bike riding on the Trinity River trails - nice town, nice school, nice people. Next, as others have said, ISU football has left me emotionally drained - I have nothing left in the tank. ISU gains little with a victory while TCU has battled their way to a CFP slot. I’m torn and not feeling the least bit guilty about it.

Reactions: khardbored

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
Will we lose by less than seven because of:

- piss-poor time management;
- predictable play calling;
- running 3-yard plays on third downs when we need 10 yards;
- missed field goals;
- made field goals that don’t matter when the other team is consistently getting TDs;
-false starts;
- our QB standing in the pocket until he gets sacked, instead of being coached to run/move; or
- all of the above?

Tune in for yet another Cyclone Classic!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Will we lose by less than seven because of:

- piss-poor time management;
- predictable play calling;
- running 3-yard plays on third downs when we need 10 yards;
- missed field goals;
- made field goals that don’t matter when the other team is consistently getting TDs;
-false starts;
- our QB standing in the pocket until he gets sacked, instead of being coached to run/move; or
- all of the above?

Tune in for yet another Cyclone Classic!
I don't think it will be close feels like a day to eat leftovers, drink beer, and maybe change the channel in the 3rd quarter.

• Winner
Reactions: 1100011CS