*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I can understand Jackson and Grill not doing well, still getting acquainted with the game. However, guys like Bolton and Nixon should be better than they are now. Jacobsen regressed there as well.

All 3 are dribbling way more than pretty much anyone should be out of the half court. At some point, it's being allowed.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
All 3 are dribbling way more than pretty much anyone should be out of the half court. At some point, it's being allowed.
Hell, they don't pass the ball that well when the do move it around. At least Bolton can somewhat-consistently make something of his dribbles.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hell, they don't pass the ball that well when the do move it around. At least Bolton can somewhat-consistently make something of his dribbles.

Flipping between Duke/Louisville and UNI/Bradley and overall, anyone catching the ball is looking to pass first.

Different players, different situations but you can tell it's instilled.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Wish we would have gotten AJ Green. He is the type of player that would open everything up. We are that close to being competitive I feel. Competitive meaning have a look at the tournament not complete world beaters. Having a guy 45% from downtown would be huge and then people would see how gifted TH truly is.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm thinking next year will be Prohm's last. Halliburton will be gone, and when the 20 point loss continue to pile up for the second year in a row I think that'll be enough.

Yeah, i think anyone being honest with themselves sees this as the likely outcome next year.

Which sucks, because at the point you've already done that math, you might as well pull the trigger this year. But money will probably prevent that.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Would love our next guy have some sort of system. Wouldn't even have to be all that flashy or exciting, just any sort of identity would be nice. We have the dime store version of that right now

I wanted a system guy once too and we got McDermott. Be careful what you wish for. I’m giving Prohm this year only because I have to, he isn’t going anywhere a year removed from a tourney title, NCAA berth and having to rebuild the roster for various reasons. He just isn’t.

The kids played hard for the most part the last 2 games but man they suck shooting the ball. We need a juco fix, there has to be a recruitable shooter somewhere.

Things I need to see next year is better fundamental basketball, I’m not optimistic. These incoming wings need to be junkyard dogs plain and simple. We are missing wings this year in a big way. I’m hoping these new guys at least hustle.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I can understand Jackson and Grill not doing well, still getting acquainted with the game. However, guys like Bolton and Nixon should be better than they are now. Jacobsen regressed there as well.

Jacobsen looked much better at the 5 today despite foul trouble which coincidentally is where he looked best last year.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Jacobsen looked much better at the 5 today despite foul trouble which coincidentally is where he looked best last year.
I was unclear but more referring to his 3pt shooting, but yes I also noticed he put a better product out there today. Some of his fouls calls were... Questionable. Of course that happens on an otherwise good day for him.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was unclear but more referring to his 3pt shooting, but yes I also noticed he put a better product out there today. Some of his fouls calls were... Questionable. Of course that happens on an otherwise good day for him.

MJ's actually pretty great at scraping for the ball under the basket for a putback.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Our shooting is horrendous! Was once a Prohm supporter, no more. Pretty apparent that he is ultimately the issue here.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Just scrolling through scores from that year.
79-44 @ Drake in year 2. That's not good.

Geez I forgot about stuff like that.

Beat Iowa that year though! And he opened his time at ISU with saying how he was looking forward to beating Iowa some more.

That was a red flag right there that he really didn't know what ISU basketball was about.