*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Prohm will rally the guys at halftime and make some adjustments.
Most of the adjustment we need to just to make ******* shots. Coach ain't gonna fix that.

I have to say our defense was acceptable to good first half. Aggressive, disruptive. We'll see if that keeps up.

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Random comment here, but one of the worst parts of falling out of the top tier of the Big 12 is the announcers we get to do our games - or more specifically the color guys. Robbie Hummel sucks. I miss Fran.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I can't be done with Prohm fast enough. Every halfcourt possession looks exactly the same. One ball screen and then dribble around and shoot a three-pointer, which we suck at. So much standing around! He's honestly the worst coach I've ever seen.
OK, now you have to stop exaggerating like that. We run 3 man weaves sometimes before the ball screen. Sometimes Bolton curls off the weave. And sometimes the drive to the bucket gets us a look at 3. If we could hit open 3s at a reasonable rate, I think we would be closer or win some of these games. We just can't shoot 3s well this year, that's the main difference folks. Great shooting covers up a lot of sins, reasonable shooting would make us quite a bit happier I think.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Most of the adjustment we need to just to make ******* shots. Coach ain't gonna fix that.

I have to say our defense was acceptable to good first half. Aggressive, disruptive. We'll see if that keeps up.
We need a coach like Wayne Morgan I guess. A coach who doesn’t give all his players who can’t shoot 3s the green light to fire away as many as they want.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
OK, now you have to stop exaggerating like that. We run 3 man weaves sometimes before the ball screen. Sometimes Bolton curls off the weave. And sometimes the drive to the bucket gets us a look at 3. If we could hit open 3s at a reasonable rate, I think we would be closer or win some of these games. We just can't shoot 3s well this year, that's the main difference folks. Great shooting covers up a lot of sins, reasonable shooting would make us quite a bit happier I think.
I said it earlier and it also applies to this game, if we were an average or even slightly-below average 3% team, a bunch of our games look much different. And we'd be currently winning this one.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Why is the Tech guy trying to draw a charge? Completely stupid.
Yes, stupid AND a foul and whistle swallowed like it usually is at the ends of halves (which I don't believe in, but have grown to understand it happens.) Except with our last game...

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Data including three of four NCAA tournaments and a Sweet Sixteen, or are we going to magically exclude those as usual?

Made the sweet 16 and two tournaments with Fred’s guys. Woefully underperformed the second year.

Hasn’t beat a team in the tournament with a single digit seed.

Has a last place finish and headed for another one this year. So 2 out of 3 years with his own guys.

Team underperformed big time last year.

Has a losing record in conference play.

2-3 vs Fran.

Been terrible in Hilton.

I’m sure there’s more but that’s just off the top of my head.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
We need a coach like Wayne Morgan I guess. A coach who doesn’t give all his players who can’t shoot 3s the green light to fire away as many as they want.
Well Christ, even our players who do occasionally hit them haven't got any today. We aren't gonna do well taking them completely out of the playbook against 5 condensed defenders, either. What do you even do at this point?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

Coaches should always make adjustments after seeing how their opponent plays, it doesn’t matter if it’s a tie game, or a 30 point game at half, because you know damn well that Beard drew up adjustments in the lockerroom.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Just anFYI, I ran the stats and after that first half our team 3pt % dropped almost a full %. We are now at 30.8% (126/409) putting us at 289th in the country ( out of 350)!

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Our offensive possessions in the half court leave almost everything to be desired. Other than the predictable ball screen, there's no offball movement to speak of.
I know you won't like to hear it, but TL does move without the ball pretty well.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames

He’d coach defense at least

Cyfanisu

Mar 31, 2019
Made the sweet 16 and two tournaments with Fred’s guys. Woefully underperformed the second year.

Hasn’t beat a team in the tournament with a single digit seed.

Has a last place finish and headed for another one this year. So 2 out of 3 years with his own guys.

Team underperformed big time last year.

Has a losing record in conference play.

2-3 vs Fran.

Been terrible in Hilton.

I’m sure there’s more but that’s just off the top of my head.
Totally agree with you. Not to mention historic beat downs in Hilton this year.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
200.webp

Should I post my alerts or is that just something you and your brother do?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Coaches should always make adjustments after seeing how their opponent plays, it doesn’t matter if it’s a tie game, or a 30 point game at half, because you know damn well that Beard drew up adjustments in the lockerroom.
Well no ****, but it still doesn't change the fact that our biggest adjustment is to shoot at an average level. Shouldn't be much to ask.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron