*** Official IOWA STATE vs #20 UCONN Game(Day) Thread ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
He’s a dumbass who should be banned from the site. Just an obnoxious, negative troll who can’t actually enjoy life.

Yeah, different people can be varying levels of positive or negative about a situation and that's fine, but he's always negative, always diminishing ISUs accomplishments, and always disappears the second ISU starts doing well in a game (and often will reappear if that flips downward again).

Definitely should be given the banhammer.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I hoped for at least 2-1 tournament.
The only real disappointment was the rebounding difference tonight.
Realistic expectations for the season should include games like this.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
If he throws that down we might get the steam up to see out the end of the game. That’s what I was talking about with Hunter as a playmaker earlier and some boomer came back at me with “he wasn’t a playmaker look at his assists and turnover numbers”. That’s not what it’s about and that’s an obvious tell of a person that didn’t play basketball or was very ****** at playing basketball.
Throwing the bad alley oop to Grill was the turning point. It was a 5 point swing and it had zero chance of working. Agree on the Hunter analysis. I’m a bit concerned about Holmes against Big 12 defenses but it’s going to be slog to get to 7 conference wins no matter who is on the floor.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
If he throws that down we might get the steam up to see out the end of the game. That’s what I was talking about with Hunter as a playmaker earlier and some boomer came back at me with “he wasn’t a playmaker look at his assists and turnover numbers”. That’s not what it’s about and that’s an obvious tell of a person that didn’t play basketball or was very ****** at playing basketball.

I like that play if it’s Ward or Watson out front to receive it. However if he throws that down the juice from that would have made a huge difference

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
He's always like that. Sadly, some people like it.

I felt bad for his partner having to constantly react to his unclever and out of nowhere comments. It felt like Walton had to consistently be brought back on track and filled in on basic details he should already know.

Really not sure why he’s one of their featured commentators.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Throwing the bad alley oop to Grill was the turning point. It was a 5 point swing and it had zero chance of working. Agree on the Hunter analysis. I’m a bit concerned about Holmes against Big 12 defenses but it’s going to be slog to get to 7 conference wins no matter who is on the floor.
I’m a bit concerned about everyone going against a Big 12 defense. What we saw today from UCONN will be what pretty much every Big 12 game may look like. Lipsey looked comfortable in the moment though.

Reactions: Cjreimer

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Grill threw one down just like that against UM. Gotta go for it. Those are momentum changing plays. They are belief plays. Those kind of plays aren’t in the stats or the analytics.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
How anyone is finding a thing to be negative about tonight is really something.

Do I wish we were up 10? Sure. But they're playing their asses off. Good developments.
Basketball is very fluid with lots of ups and downs during the season. I'm proud of our team, two wins, beat the #1 at the time. They just ran into a buzzsaw tonight and the better team won. UConn dominated the boards tonight. Hats off.

Many positives going forward. We played hard, all you can ask for.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Great weekend! We went up against Villanova, UNC, and UCONN and went 2-1. That's amazing! They are all programs that have a major advantage over ISU in star power and NIL money and we're still competitive with them.

Only a few teams already have wins that’ll look like UNC and nova will look in march.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
This offensive performance looked like the games last yr when we struggled. Until tonight I liked what we were doing offensively, but 5 points over the last 9:49 in the game sealed our fate. Had it at 53-48 and then disappeared. That is on TJ and the coaches as much as the players. We fought through a lot to get to that point and then everything disappeared.

We have to get this figured out. Happened last yr and with a different group just happened tonight. And listen I get that rebounding could've been better, that there were careless turnovers, that nobody shouldered the load to score, etc.

But with 9:49 left the game was 53-48 and the game ended 71-53. That is unacceptable

• Agree
Reactions: jbhtexas

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Really not sure why he’s one of their featured commentators.
A lot of the time he's calling PAC-10 basketball which means they need a character to make the game interesting and try to keep people watching for Bills "zany" comedy.