*** Official IOWA STATE vs #1 North Carolina Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Knew we'd be playing NC in the next round, winner's round. Never a doubt. Ahem.

Just found out about the win against Villanova! I will enjoy watching that later. But how does Tamin not shoot any shots? Then he makes 4 clutch FT's to ice it in OT. No complaints, I guess. I'm sure he may look to score more as the season progresses. I hope anyway. Just a little?

Thanks for the starter Rulzzz!

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Very happy to be going to this game as well. A little worried that the quick turnaround won't help us, but can't do anything about that. Post-game by Otz made it clear we're going to go inside just like UNC, time for the battle of the Bigs.

Reactions: NWICY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Make ‘em cry TJ

sadtarheel.gif

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Knew we'd be playing NC in the next round, winner's round. Never a doubt. Ahem.

Just found out about the win against Villanova! I will enjoy watching that later. But how does Tamin not shoot any shots? Then he makes 4 clutch FT's to ice it in OT. No complaints, I guess. I'm sure he may look to score more as the season progresses. I hope anyway. Just a little?

Thanks for the starter Rulzzz!
You need to watch the game.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Very happy to be going to this game as well. A little worried that the quick turnaround won't help us, but can't do anything about that. Post-game by Otz made it clear we're going to go inside just like UNC, time for the battle of the Bigs.
Love it. Big Rob can show he can hang and official "I'm here" moment for Osun!

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
We're playing with house money right now, so we've got nothing to lose. I hope we can score enough to hang in there, but I know one thing, UNC has not experienced a defense like ours this season. Should be fun to watch.

I followed the game day thread yesterday but got so angry with some of the idiot posters who are ridiculously critical (or who believe they're more knowledgeable than our coaches) that I had to stop following.

Regardless of how tonight's game turns out, I hope these people will have some perspective and remember we're playing the #1 ranked team in the nation.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
For those who may not be aware, UNC is guilty of the largest case of academic fraud in the history of collegiate athletics, but the NCAA decided not to sanction them.

More than 100 of their athletes we're given credit for a fictitious course in order to maintain their athletic eligibility. This occurred over a 10 year period.

The NCAA in their infinite wisdom decided UNC should not receive any punishment because in addition to the 100+ athletes, there were also a few nonathletes who received credit for same the fictitious course. Therefore, the NCAA said this illegal benefit was not exclusive to athletes only, so they should not punish UNC. Seriously.

The moral of the story is that as long as you're a blueblood (like UNC or KU), the benefits of cheating far outweigh the risks. Great way to keep adding national championship banners to your rafters.

End of rant.