*** Official IOWA STATE vs #1 North Carolina Game(Day) Thread ***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What an awesome win!! I knew this team would play tough as nails this year, and that will do a lot for you.

Also….. thank goodness Grill is back again next year!!!

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
ISU Fan: "Iowa State men beat #1 team in the country, ISU women bury MSU, and Iowa football loses! Nothing can bring me down this weekend!"

ISU Football: "Hold my beer!"

:jimlad:
I don't get it. Really, I don't. In what way does Iowa, in any context - win or lose - have a goddamn thing with how we feel about our Cyclones?

It's as if our happiness is linked in some way to Iowa's performance on the athletic fields. Linked in some way beyond how we relate to our conference rivals.

When I celebrate outstanding Cyclone victories, I'll be damned if I give one thought to how Iowa did that day. Considering Iowa in that circumstance gives it power over how we feel about ourselves.

Just f--king stop it. Please.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'm still trying to process what happened the last 4 minutes. Cyclones down 7 points before ripping off a 17-5 run. Somehow, Cyclones' defense force UNC into 4 TOs, 3 fouls, 1-4 on FG attempts. Grill's heroics were amazing, but the extra burst of defensive intensity, after a long and taxing game, really seemed to win the day.
Actually, I think the point in the second half where they got away from us a little bit we were so consumed with fighting/grinding with them that everything else went to hell.

When we got a couple good outcomes in a row the dam broke.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
I don't get it. Really, I don't. In what way does Iowa, in any context - win or lose - have a goddamn thing with how we feel about our Cyclones?

It's as if our happiness is linked in some way to Iowa's performance on the athletic fields. Linked in some way beyond how we relate to our conference rivals.

When I celebrate outstanding Cyclone victories, I'll be damned if I give one thought to how Iowa did that day. Considering Iowa in that circumstance gives it power over how we feel about ourselves.

You must not have obnoxious hok relatives or friends. **** iowa.

[email protected]

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 22, 2008
Fort Dodge, Iowa

I am just hardwired to love a Hawkeye loss....I am not going to apologize for this

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron