***Official Iowa State V. Iowa Wrestling Thread***

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Iowa was getting called for stalling a lot it seemed. Not sure why Ward and Gallick weren't penalized. Ward was aggressive for the 1st but then did nothing at all for 2 periods. Gallick did the same; very little.

I was surprised that Z wasn't a little more aggressive. He was up against a guy he should easily be able to beat, but just beating him wasn't enough for the team.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Ward was easily the aggressor the whole match ... he even had a shot in the third when the whole place was BEGGING for him to stall.

Z was definately having problems figuring out that monster. when you pull an ankle and it remains firmly planted to the floor like a damn tree post its gonna be a long match.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
BTW Ward was easily in my top 3 of "favorite to watch" wrestlers on the team ... he's number 1 now. I just love the fight in that guy.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Iowa was getting called for stalling a lot it seemed. Not sure why Ward and Gallick weren't penalized. Ward was aggressive for the 1st but then did nothing at all for 2 periods. Gallick did the same; very little.

Gallick was hurt, which probably gave him the benefit of the doubt. Right or wrong.

You want to talk stalling talk about Morningstar (again) and Beatty. All Beatty did after takedowns was wrap up Varner's arm and lay there. Over and over.

I was surprised that Z wasn't a little more aggressive. He was up against a guy he should easily be able to beat, but just beating him wasn't enough for the team.

I think a lot of that was driven by giving up 60 pounds to the guy and a bad shot by Z could have resulted in Rasing just leaning and falling on him for a quick two.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I've seen ALOT of Hawks screaming that Ward was stalling. What friggin match were they watching?? LMAO.

I think Ward can take him again. He only lost by 1 last year and he just wrestles a style that is hard to go against.

The Fanthorpe match was the key IMO. We all expected Mueller to get owned, but Nick had a legit chance. He needs to get over the hump next time.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

There was like 3 stalling calls the whole match. It wasnt Z fault the team lost.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
its hard to get any better than the Iowa/ISU wrestling meet....no matter what side you are on

No doubt.

All this talk about Gallick stalling is ridiculous. He was truly injured I believe. Have you ever wrestled hurt? For Gallick to win in OT took a huge amount of guts and testicular fortitude. May I remind Iowa fans of a little guy named Mark Perry?

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
Don't make it something it isn't. Iowa wrestling and class are words you will never find next to each other in the dictionary.

That said, I was mostly impressed with their demeanor last night. As previously mentioned, Tom was actually the cool headed one most of the night.

First time for everything I gues....