***OFFICIAL: Iowa State @ Texas Game(day) Thread! ***

Seedman

Jan 13, 2011
Ames
To win on the road in this league a smaller team needs to be firing on all cylinders. Melvin and George came to play and gave us some incredible minutes, but Cameron Ridley and Jonathan Holmes were simply too big a load to handle. Last year, we had a well-muscled 6’9”, 255 pounder in Anthony Booker who was able to give us some help in the paint, but we just didn’t seem to have an answer this year. Still, you have got to give the cyclones credit. They were in this one and could have won the game, but it is almost impossible to overcome 18 turnovers and the psychological impact of 9 blocked shots when you are playing on the road. Hopefully, we can regroup and come back strong against K-State.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I realize this is the type offense we run, but I don't recall us making a single mid-range jumper the whole game. Everything is either a 3 or a lay up. Not sure if this means anything but just something to point out.

We don't make any mid range jumpers because we don't waste our shots and take mid-range jumpers. This isn't the mid 2000's NBA where Tim Duncan and his 17 footer is the most important shot in the game.

Getting annoying with the amount of posts I'm seeing regarding "mid-range shots".

Last edited: