*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I had season tickets for the team in '75-76 that lost more games (10) in Hilton. But the wins were over OU and Colorado and Hercle Ivy was a scoring machine. 0-fer whatever kinda speaks for itself.

I'd say every ISU coach going back to Orr has had some teams with similar (or even lesser) talent than this ISU team, but you could generally count on the Hilton crowd to win you at least a few games a year. No excuse for where we currently stand though.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA

Next man up!

giphy.gif

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It's hard to say he can develop players when so many players leave early due for one reason or another. I can honestly only say that Nick Babb and Solomon Young developed under him.
I like Solomon but he hasn't really developed much at all under Prohm. He's the same player he was 4 years ago with Montes team only now they are so bad he's been forced to develop a couple post movies.

I just feel like player development is extremely poor under Prohm and there wwre many highly ranked guys who didn't develop at all(Griffin, Lewis), and guys that got substantially worse(Conditt, Jacobson).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I like Solomon but he hasn't really developed much at all under Prohm. He's the same player he was 4 years ago with Montes team only now they are so bad he's been forced to develop a couple post movies.

I just feel like player development is extremely poor under Prohm and there wwre many highly ranked guys who didn't develop at all(Griffin, Lewis), and guys that got substantially worse(Conditt, Jacobson).
Yeah you're probably right on Solomon. I guess you could maybe argue his injuries put a damper on his ability to develop, but you're right that it wasn't anything you could clearly see. Either way, 2 out of however many guys is pitiful.

Reactions: NoCreativity

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Yeah you're probably right on Solomon. I guess you could maybe argue his injuries put a damper on his ability to develop, but you're right that it wasn't anything you could clearly see. Either way, 2 out of however many guys is pitiful.
I would add another layer... Solo improved during his tenure, but never developed at the 4/5 position. He's literally the same guy from 2016, but with a better mid-range jumper.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Have said it before, he really likes to leverage his players weaknesses...

It's malpractice really.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I think finishing the season with these 3 meaningless games, and having to fly to Lubbock and then go direct to Manhattan, KS is just cruel punishment for our players. feel so bad for these kids.

someone needs to take a bullet and test positive and save the team from these useless games.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I would add another layer... Solo improved during his tenure, but never developed at the 4/5 position. He's literally the same guy from 2016, but with a better mid-range jumper.

He's always had that jumper if you look at his HS tape. Solo had some nice moments as a Cyclone, and it's too bad his career is ending on this team.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He's always had that jumper if you look at his HS tape. Solo had some nice moments as a Cyclone, and it's too bad his career is ending on this team.
He would've been an awesome guy off the bench imo.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Life is not about where you finish athletically. It's about what you learned along the way. Geez. I can't believe some of you want to brand players lives based on a bad year. FYI: In my career, I played for 8 organizations. Every single one was in last place when I joined them and in 1st place when I left them. Including ISU. I wouldn't trade any of those o-fers for the experience I obtained during them. And I wouldn't want to 'label' a player based on their teams performance this year. Rant and gone.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Life is not about where you finish athletically. It's about what you learned along the way. Geez. I can't believe some of you want to brand players lives based on a bad year. FYI: In my career, I played for 8 organizations. Every single one was in last place when I joined them and in 1st place when I left them. Including ISU. I wouldn't trade any of those o-fers for the experience I obtained during them. And I wouldn't want to 'label' a player based on their teams performance this year. Rant and gone.
Wait..

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Soccer. HS->Div 1(non-paid)->2 over aged teams... over 30 years. I'll never forget my first game with one of my last teams. Down 6-0 at half. And coach asked what the 'new guy' had to say during halftime. We won 8-7. Not the most athletically gifted, but God gave me a great mind for the game.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Bummer, but I was expecting it.

That probably tips the scales in UT's favor, doesn't it? :p
Post game interview... coach Prohm what do you feel was the key to the Longhorns victory tonight? "Well, I guess them showing up for starters"