*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Everyone just calm down. Their sources either aren't showing their hand or know absolutely nothing. If their sources are truly well connected to the program, why in the hell would they tell them the truth for those two to go blabbering to everyone else in the national media about? I mean Jamie might as well have just announced the press conference this morning to fire Steve.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I'll be honest, I thought Iowa State was going to have a good shot at taking down Kansas State a couple weeks ago, but after they've now won two straight conference games, I highly doubt we come out on top. Almost sealing our fate in going winless in conference this year.

I think they have a decent shot to beat TCU this weekend. TCU is also garbage. I think our guys are tired of losing and are starting to freelance and just say eff it. That gives them a shot.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Firing JP is a tough one. I think he’s done a lot of great things(and I agree others could have/would have as well). And I’m not one for hiring/keeping a coach just because of a player(I’d make an exception if it was an assistant for a few years)... but JP is one of the reasons CMC stays. It’s literally in his contract that if JP isn’t AD his buyout is greatly reduced.

I’m a JP guy, not moving on from Prohm would definitely change my opinion of him, but keeping CMC here is priority #1.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
Firing Jamie Pollard? Have we ran out of things to complain about? Give me a break!

Do you actually think he doesn’t want a successful basketball program? When you are the one pulling the trigger you have more to consider besides appeasing the vocal minority.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Firing Jamie Pollard? Have we ran out of things to complain about? Give me a break!

Do you actually think he doesn’t want a successful basketball program? When you are the one pulling the trigger you have more to consider besides appeasing the vocal minority.
You think a majority of people want to keep prohm?

• Funny
Reactions: jcisuclones

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
You think a majority of people want to keep prohm?

I didn’t say that but people stating firing the AD is the answer if he brings back the head coach...come on.

The results are the results and he has shown that he hasn’t succeeded the last 3 out of his last 4 years. I am sure the AD knows this information.

Look at how long he let Paul Rhoads go before he fired him. The guy knows what he’s doing and will let Steve prove he is worthy of keeping his job otherwise he will be fired. This year might be the year or it will be next if the results are close to the same.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'll be right on that. Maybe a few e-mails or something.

All I'm saying is that if you like Matt Campbell, who literally could have left Iowa State any of the last 4 years for a job that is probably better than the one he is at, you better ******* keep Pollard.

I cannot believe that we have fans stupid enough to not understand this.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
*Whispers* You can think it's an idiotic move to keep Prohm next year and be pissed at Jamie while not wanting him fired.

Exactly. I have no problem with people being pissed either way with Jamie.

But to say he’s replaceable and he should be gone? That. Is. *******. Crazy.

There is one important in this AD in 2021. Keeping Matt Campbell happy. That’s it.