*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Heading into March with nothing to cheer for really really sucks. Last year was almost a relief that everything got cancelled. I hope this is a quick fix, whomever takes over. March Madness just isn't the same when your team's not in it, and we are fortunate we're not used to that feeling.

• Haha
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Social media is not unique to Iowa State is it? Last I checked every program and player in the country gets scrutinized so to act like we are some high and mighty fan base that never once utters bad things about our teams you are in for a wake up call. You are a D1 athlete getting a scholarship to play basketball, coaches getting millions to coach basketball, if your feelings are hurt by some message boards than you need thicker skin or go be an accountant somewhere.

I’m not saying the people who direct message at the players and coaches Twitters and Instagrams is okay, because that is certainly not, but critiquing/criticizing/bashing/whatever you want to call it about how bad we are and that it isn’t acceptable is fine by me.

We suck. A lot of the players we have aren’t high level contributors. Those are facts. We shouldn’t accept that at Iowa State just because they are trying hard. Suck it up.

Oh good another guy that doesn’t accept mediocrity. And of course the old other schools do it, so it’s fine here.

You could just realize the season will be over soon and everyone can move on with their lives. No need to make it stupidly personal towards kids on a fan site.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Not arguing otherwise. I've seen glimpses from Dubar of energy, effort, and rebounding. From Blackwell, athleticism. Walker an all-around, although unpolished game. Saying they suck is way premature.

Impossible, their stories are already written.

it is crazy that saying lighten up on the kids because they’re kids is such a controversial topic on here.

imagine what will happen if football struggles this year.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
it is crazy that saying lighten up on the kids because they’re kids is such a controversial topic on here.

no, its not crazy to say that.

However - steve prohm is a grown man making $2.37M a year. He is not above critique and criticism that does not delve into wishing him harm or attacking his religious beliefs.

I continue to be baffled by your constant defense of Prohm and the MBB program if you truly are just a fan. I tend to believe you have a personal or financial tie to the coaching staff or athletic dept

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Not arguing otherwise. I've seen glimpses from Dubar of energy, effort, and rebounding. From Blackwell, athleticism. Walker an all-around, although unpolished game. Saying they suck is way premature.
Sure. It's possible they develop into contributers. Can you name any other player at isu in the last 10 years, not named naz long who went from these level of stats as a freshman to being a contributer? Cristopherson was a transfer, but his freshmam campaign in 07-08 at Marquette wasnt good. But he wasnt a 4 year player here. Also was 14 years ago. W

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Sure. It's possible they develop into contributers. Can you name any other player at isu in the last 10 years, not named naz long who went from these level of stats as a freshman to being a contributer? Cristopherson was a transfer, but his freshmam campaign in 07-08 at Marquette wasnt good. But he wasnt a 4 year player here. Also was 14 years ago. W

Nick Weiller-Babb, but same to Scott was a transfer.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Christopherson also only played 4 minutes per game his freshman year at Marquette, so I’m not sure how you really can take much from that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
By the grace of God
CcbX4zqWAAAqEAS.jpg:large

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
no, its not crazy to say that.

However - steve prohm is a grown man making $2.37M a year. He is not above critique and criticism that does not delve into wishing him harm or attacking his religious beliefs.

I continue to be baffled by your constant defense of Prohm and the MBB program if you truly are just a fan. I tend to believe you have a personal or financial tie to the coaching staff or athletic dept

It doesn’t really matter who I am, or who I have financial ties to.

it all goes back to the same thing. There’s more than enough real things to criticize with this regime, the lack of program identity, the lack of fundamentals, the inability to make adjustments, the insecurity in how he has approached the job, all have led to this point.

there’s no need to make it any more than that. But it has been, And it’s bled down to the players who are still kids.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Oh good another guy that doesn’t accept mediocrity. And of course the old other schools do it, so it’s fine here.

You could just realize the season will be over soon and everyone can move on with their lives. No need to make it stupidly personal towards kids on a fan site.

Uh, okay? Or this is a message board where fans can come ***** about how ****** we are. Does not affect daily life one bit. Here’s an idea. How about you stop getting so butthurt that people aren’t happy with the season and how this program has cratered?
What is your fascination with calling everyone out for not being all sunshine and roses towards our players because they are playing hard?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

it all goes back to the same thing. There’s more than enough real things to criticize with this regime, the lack of program identity, the lack of fundamentals, the inability to make adjustments, the insecurity in how he has approached the job, all have led to this point.

there’s no need to make it any more than that. But it has been, And it’s bled down to the players who are still kids.

I would counter that if you do have financial or personal ties to the ath dept, then yes, it does matter as that impacts your ability to be impartial.

The majority of your ten thousand posts on this site blindly defending ISU and constant resort to marking posts "dumb" that don't fit your narrative leads me to believe you are/were a member of the ISU communications staff as that seems to be their model when they are faced with criticism (e.g. JP blocking thousands on twitter)

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines

Again, most people agree that personal attacks directed towards them on their social media platforms is not okay. Saying someone isn’t good or shouldn’t be playing at Iowa State, etc. isn’t that big of a deal. If they can’t handle it then move on.

The whole they are kids thing is annoying. You get a job right out of high school you are expected to figure it out otherwise they will fire you. Doesn’t matter that you are a “kid”.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I don't even know when they are playing anymore. I used to look at the schedule every morning. It was mid-day yesterday before I thought to look at the schedule.

My wife and I used to scream at the TV to where our dog would start pacing the floor. I swear, I pushed the limits on my blood pressure medicine in more games that I would like to admit.

We used to slap a high five with every made 3. We watch the games almost silently now. The rare high fives are now just habit and lack energy.

This team is boring to watch. I've done other things during three games this year besides watch. We're totally apathetic to them. Why even care when the games are boring. Besides being a Cyclone, there is no reason to watch them at all.

It's been just a slow but steady decline.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
We could go 40-0 and people would still complain.

Yeah, lots of complaining about the football program here, huh? What an epically bad post.

Prohm could go 0-25 and some people would defend him. Oh wait, he’ll likely go 2-20 and people ARE still defending him and wanting him back. Talk about a losing mentality.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I would counter that if you do have financial or personal ties to the ath dept, then yes, it does matter as that impacts your ability to be impartial.

The majority of your ten thousand posts on this site blindly defending ISU and constant resort to marking posts "dumb" that don't fit your narrative leads me to believe you are/were a member of the ISU communications staff as that seems to be their model when they are faced with criticism (e.g. JP blocking thousands on twitter)

You got me

Was Iowa State bad to you? Where are you from originally?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah, lots of complaining about the football program here, huh? What an epically bad post.

Prohm could go 0-25 and some people would defend him. Oh wait, he’ll likely go 2-20 and people ARE still defending him and wanting him back. Talk about a losing mentality.

Who has claimed they want him back next season?

• Haha
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Did you read all the posts bashing Manning? Wanting to bench Purdy for Dekkers?

of course the lack of special teams coaches was a constant as well