***OFFICIAL Iowa State Big 12 Champions Thread***

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Last I checked, we've won every tournament we've played in this year. May as well finish that off with a perfect 3-0 in tournament championships, right?

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
This is one of those years that will make for a great "year in review" DVD. The great start, passing of Johnny, buzzer beaters, tourney champs, then???? :)

Really cool to see the cohesiveness of the team and fun they are having. Whew, last night was our "cold" night :)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This is one of those years that will make for a great "year in review" DVD. The great start, passing of Johnny, buzzer beaters, tourney champs, then???? :)

Really cool to see the cohesiveness of the team and fun they are having. Whew, last night was our "cold" night :)

Id buy a dvd just of the big 12 tournament, honestly.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I would not want to play Baylor in the NCAAs. They were everything we wanted after playing 4 games in 4 days. S. Drew is the only think holding them back. CFH really showed who was the coach when he sent Houge out to press the inbound and waste Scotty's last TO.

I couldn't hear the game/announcers. What the h#ll was Baylor doing late by not coming out and at least guarding the ball instead of letting ISU wear the clock down? Just seemed strange.

Didn't mind it though--when Niang stood out there with a dribble for about 15 seconds, and then just took it in, I knew the game was ISU's.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I couldn't hear the game/announcers. What the h#ll was Baylor doing late by not coming out and at least guarding the ball instead of letting ISU wear the clock down? Just seemed strange.

Didn't mind it though--when Niang stood out there with a dribble for about 15 seconds, and then just took it in, I knew the game was ISU's.

Probably scared of us spreading them out and even though they didn't come out, Georges made them pay for spreading out like they did.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
While playing against that Baylor zone was really frustrating, I think it was a great experience for our guys.

Thinking the same thing. Baylor's resurgence was due to their excellent zone defense execution. I'm worried about our ability to score consistently if we shoot poorly.

I'm very impressed with our composure when things weren't going or way and we didn't start chucking up threes. The team kept working it.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Drew has coached better this year than any of his last five years. He looks like he is getting smarter.

As I was watching Baylor go through their progressions, I also noted that this Baylor team was not nearly as god-awful in their sets compared to a couple of years ago. His timeout usage is worthy of ridicule, but his game planning and recruiting show that he belongs now. It's taken a decade, but Drew is no longer a laughingstock as a coach. He's risen to adequate overall.