*** OFFICIAL Iowa State at Kansas Game(day) Thread ***

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Bout time Rulzzz got off his butt and posted the game thread. That's probably the cause of our slide.

And cowgirl probably wandered out of the bathroom, too.

hey, I stopped that after the Oklahoma loss.

and how does this game end up only on ESPNU? What else do they have to show tonight?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm pumped for this game. We've given them a good game in Lawrence the last two years, and you could argue that this team is better than the last two teams we've taken down there.

On a side note, I have no idea why this game got the 8:00 ESPNU slot. I haven't looked at the other games, but I can't imagine there are too many better matchups tonight than this one.

It was scheduled when it was supposed to be the #5 team in the country at home playing a bubble team.

The games are on national TV, I don't get why so many people complain about where on national TV they are like its a personal insult.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
The games are on national TV, I don't get why so many people complain about where on national TV they are like its a personal insult.

I would rather watch them on WOI with John Walters calling them, than some strangers in suits.

Walters. Is. The. Best.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would rather watch them on WOI with John Walters calling them, than some strangers in suits.

Walters. Is. The. Best.

When was the last time Walters did a game on WIO?

I'm pretty sure that's not an option under the current Big XII television contract.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm pumped for this game. We've given them a good game in Lawrence the last two years, and you could argue that this team is better than the last two teams we've taken down there.

On a side note, I have no idea why this game got the 8:00 ESPNU slot. I haven't looked at the other games, but I can't imagine there are too many better matchups tonight than this one.

I was curious too. Not to defend ESPN, but they have their reasons:

Wednesday night is ESPN's NBA night (OKC/MIA and CHI/SA).
The ESPN2 game is #1 Zona/Stanford.

I can see justification for why ESPNU was given the game. I just looked it up so this tread can focus on the actual game and not worry about the station it is on (Assuming the HD truck gets to the Fog, of course).

Let's Go State!

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
When was the last time Walters did a game on WIO?

Never, it was WOI. I think he stopped after Cyclone.TV started broadcasting. Not so long ago as that.

I'm pretty sure that's not an option under the current Big XII television contract.

[video=youtube_share;cpbbuaIA3Ds]http://youtu.be/cpbbuaIA3Ds[/video]

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Even though we only won one game out of the last 5, you'd think ESPN would look at their Big 12 package the past few years and realize KUvsISU is the best thing the conference has in hoops right now. We're certainly more dependable for a good game under Hoiberg than Baylor and Texas, and we don't have empty arena like them. For whatever reason KSU can't keep it close with KU.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Go get 'em Cyclones!!!

[video=youtube_share;zZqQTTT_T5E]http://youtu.be/zZqQTTT_T5E[/video]

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
With new announcers whats the over/under on stories about Niang being teammates with Noel in HS, or about why Kane wears the number 50? Im thinking its a 60% shot.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
With new announcers whats the over/under on stories about Niang being teammates with Noel in HS, or about why Kane wears the number 50? Im thinking its a 60% shot.

Dunno, if they're new, my money's on them rhyming "Georges" with "gorgeous" and "Nyang" with "BEE-bang".

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Big game tonight. Big game. At least we don't need to put on the officiating nutcups tonight. If you need that nutcup then you don't think theres a high likelyhood of getting hit by a car walking across the interstate. It's gon happen.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Im just gonna put this here...

View attachment 24555

That "block" through the rim might be one of the worst non-ISU calls I've seen in a KU game. Kansas State was outright Big 12 champ last year...sucks for them they got stomped head to head so they can't bring it up, but it's a fact KU lost more Big 12 games than KSU last season.