*Official Iowa-ISU Prediction Thread*

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
If that team ISU played on Saturday wins 9 or more games, their conference must be complete garbage. Iowa was handed the ball inside ISU's 30 yd line twice by shank punts and got 3 pts out of it. They couldn't do a thing offensively all game long until midway through the 4th when ISU's defense finally tired a bit.

And yes, Iowa has a decent defense, but with that being said.... ISU didn't even try to do anything offensively all day long. Never attacked the edges, never ran their WR screens they lived on all year last year to make teams run sideline to sideline, didn't even attempt a pass more than about 10 yds until they were down late in the 4th quarter. It was as vanilla an offense as anyone will ever run. CMC lost us the game on his play calling alone. No words to describe it. Baffling. Iowa never had to defend more than about 5 plays all day.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Iowa utilized a very vanilla offensive game plan, too. They ran very little inside zone or counters, didn’t even attempt to use the RBs as pass catchers, didn’t really try to attack downfield with their TEs, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
I love Campbell and I honestly like his philosophy on focusing on conference and bowl games but that leaves the blame on him for losing in the non conference.

I think he believed we could win the game without showing OU any film just based on the fact we're the more talented team. The problem is he underestimated how much this game means to the Iowa football program and that trumped the talent advantage IMO

Woof. You’re trying way too hard, dude.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You seem to be ignoring the fact that Iowa utilized a very vanilla offensive game plan, too. They ran very little inside zone or counters, didn’t even attempt to use the RBs as pass catchers, didn’t really try to attack downfield with their TEs, etc.

They did flash a little when Payne got abused on back to back plays on the late TD.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I love Campbell and I honestly like his philosophy on focusing on conference and bowl games but that leaves the blame on him for losing in the non conference.

I think he believed we could win the game without showing OU any film just based on the fact we're the more talented team. The problem is he underestimated how much this game means to the Iowa football program and that trumped the talent advantage IMO

Acutally CMC said rivalries trump both conference championships and bowl wins. Kirk realizes that winning conference championships the goal each year. They have always treated September pretty much as a "pre season" and conference games are the real season.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Not only on offense. Iowa never went nickel defense even one time during the game. Iowa was as Vanilla as possible on D. ISU WR didn't scare them at all, they covered them with LB all game long, and never used an extra Defensive Back at all.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Acutally CMC said rivalries trump both conference championships and bowl wins. Kirk realizes that winning conference championships the goal each year. They have always treated September pretty much as a "pre season" and conference games are the real season.
Never heard that, link?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Given the "we were looking ahead to OU" garbage, there's truly an astounding level of delusion at work.

You know, I’m going to defer to your expertise in the area of delusion. There really is not a more delusional fan base than Iowa.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
What's wrong with all that? There really aren't many options at all for getting a 12th game back on the schedule, and obviously we really need that 12th game for player development.
So you’re trying to play a non scholarship program for a win?? Is Dowling or Valley not available?lolololollloll. That is sad.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Given the "we were looking ahead to OU" garbage, there's truly an astounding level of delusion at work.
Don’t forget we held out some of our good players for conference games coming up-didn’t want to hurt them against a game we didn’t care about.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
So you’re trying to play a non scholarship program for a win?? Is Dowling or Valley not available?lolololollloll. That is sad.

Again, there aren't many options out there. It's pretty much us, Akron (whoops, they're already on our schedule), Nebraska and South Dakota State (who hopes to be in their own playoff on the only date we would have available). Tell me who we can get on the schedule as a 12th game.

lololllllolololololol.

• Funny
Reactions: breck53

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
You get the medal for biggest fucktard hawk fan. Congrats, now go **** your cat
giphy.gif

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Let us know what you recommend. There isn't a lot of options.