***Official Game Day Thread - ISU vs. Missouri***

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Now that's just insane. His outside shooting has won us games this year singlehandedly.

His inability to rebound and play defense has lost way more games than he has won. Sorry, but if you can't see that than you shouldn't be posting your thoughts.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I will say it again. I think this team is a better team when JVB is not on the floor. There is more hustle or something to them.

I think part of that extra hustle is the guy getting the start wants to prove to CFH that he should be the starter. Nice to see the hustle. I think we need to reduce JVB's playing time a bit in the future. He gives us a much different look that defenses will have to adjust to.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
JVB is a cancer on the floor. He plays horrible defense, doesn't rebound, and makes horrible fouls. 98% of the time he is shooting long range shots, and when those aren't falling he is a worthless player. When Godfrey and Ejim are the two low post players, their is energy and multiple opportunities for second chance baskets. This team is much better off without JVB even with no depth.

I wouldn't call him a cancer, but I agree he's worthless when he's not hitting threes. Same with Scotty. When he starts to dribble, it annoys me. When there's no shot just pass it.

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
I wouldn't call him a cancer, but I agree he's worthless when he's not hitting threes. Same with Scotty. When he starts to dribble, it annoys me. When there's no shot just pass it.

I agreed on the first half, but not with Scotty...we've seen scotty shown he can do a little bit of driving, we haven't seen that with JVB.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
His inability to rebound and play defense has lost way more games than he has won. Sorry, but if you can't see that than you shouldn't be posting your thoughts.

Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion, right? And, I think mine is an informed one.

And, I still think it's absolutely insane to call a Cyclone a cancer.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion, right? And, I think mine is an informed one.

And, I still think it's absolutely insane to call a Cyclone a cancer.

So you are saying that if they play for ISU, they are incapable of ever being a cancer? Right. That sounds logical.

CONEClone

Dec 16, 2009
Ames
So you are saying that if they play for ISU, they are incapable of ever being a cancer? Right. That sounds logical.

To my knowledge JVB has only supported this team. He hasn't brought in a bad attitude and go out and plays hard every opportunity he has. Maybe it's just me...but that doesn't exactly sound like a cancer.

Reactions: isucyfan

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Dixon challenges Diante. Diante blows right by him.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I don't think JVB is a cancer at all.

I just think he lacks the athleticism, skills, and hustle of the other players. If he is not hitting 3's, he really does not contribute much. The only threat he poses to the opposing team is when he is hitting 3's.

Reactions: isucyfan

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
To my knowledge JVB has only supported this team. He hasn't brought in a bad attitude and go out and plays hard every opportunity he has. Maybe it's just me...but that doesn't exactly sound like a cancer.

I said cancer on the floor. Not a cancer with his attitude. He is a cancer because he looks good on the offensive end, but even when he is hitting he is hurting the team because he can't do anything but shoot threes. Just like Lucca Staiger. This team is better off when he is not playing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron