***Official Game Day (Exhibition) ISU vs Augustana (S.D.) Thread***

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
It will be a fun team to watch. Could be a very deep team by conference time. As athletic if not more athletic than last year's team. I'm looking forward to see how CFH puts all the pieces together.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Edozie looked better than I expected. He has decent feet. I think he's going to give us some valuable minutes off the bench. Still wish we had Amardi, but I think Edozie will help us.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Kane also looks like Stinson 2.0 to me. Very good in the game and has a knack for scoring for sure. I thought Morris was good and once Thomas got going, he was too. Niang looked like he wasn't focused in the game. Too many mistakes and dropped passes. Hogue is very athletic too and fun to watch on the boards. Can't wait to get Ejim back

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Strong 2nd half. This team will have gelling issues as the OOC season goes on. When Ejim returns 100% (God willing), the lineup of Kane, Thomas, Hogue, Ejim & Niang with Morris first off the bench will be a very intense, exciting game to watch. Naz is a very good floor general with excellent defense. Wont be a big scorer but does everything else very well.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
I think by the start of conference play the starters will be Morris, Thomas, Kane, Ejim, and Niang. Hogue first off the bench with Naz and Percy seeing some time and either Bluford or SDW.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
New guys:
Kane is awesome
Morris and Thomas are as good as advertised
Hogue looks like freshman Ejim, physical, athletic, not a great shot
Bluford last guard off the bench, may be the odd man out in the guard rotation?
Edozie has nice size but likely doesn't play much outside of injury/ foul trouble

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
New guys:
Kane is awesome
Morris and Thomas are as good as advertised
Hogue looks like freshman Ejim, physical, athletic, not a great shot
Bluford last guard off the bench, may be the odd man out in the guard rotation?
Edozie has nice size but likely doesn't play much outside of injury/ foul trouble

Pretty good assessment I'd say.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
IMHO:

Kane: Does it all, under control. Rebounding surprised me..hope he can keep that up.
Niang: Didn't really seem to be in to it tonight, but maybe he just need to adjust to new personnel.
Morris: Impressive for a freshman. By conference, he may be the starting PG.
Thomas: Good shooter. Reminds me a little of Sullivan. Needs some work on D though.
Percy: Is Percy. Looked okay. Maybe still getting back in the sync of things after concussion.
Naz: All right, but I thought he tried to do a little too much sometimes.
SDW: A little disappointing, but he is coming off a red-shirt so it may take a few games.
Hogue: A beast. What a motor! Plus....the man has some vertical skill to him! Solid re-bounder, scrapper.
Edozie: Didn't play a lot, but I thought he looked all right.
Bluford: Showed some flashes....but I think he is a guy who will have to play some minutes to get hot, and just not sure that will happen with this team.
Ellerman: Hey, he got a bucket!

Very athletic team with good speed.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Monte Morris looked pretty smooth out there on both ends. I think I came away from this game really high on him, just the way he involved everyone and got them going when they were clearly needing a boost.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Is this Cyclone Fanatic?

I must have clicked the wrong link.

What's with all the happy-happy crap?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Already can tell basketball is actually going to be fun to watch. What a relief that the season has started after what we have faced for football. This team will struggle some early but will grow a lot as the year goes on.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Anyone else thinking Monte will be our starting pg sooner than later? I know this is the first game but our offense looks so much better when he is in at PG

I've been saying this for months. Absolutely no disrespect to Kane at all either - they both need to be on the floor and look out...this team has some skillz to pay the billz.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I've been saying this for months. Absolutely no disrespect to Kane at all either - they both need to be on the floor and look out...this team has some skillz to pay the billz.
I agree. They need to be on the floor together a lot.