*** Official FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Webb making huge calls and getting them right IMO. Hopefully he has a security detail if Brazil loses.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Same reason basketball players flop so much.

There is really no comparison between the two. I understand why they do it more in soccer, because there's so much potential benefit and less risk compared to flopping in basketball, but the flopping in basketball relative to the amount of contact in the game is not even close to soccer. It's a bad comparison.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There is really no comparison between the two. I understand why they do it more in soccer, because there's so much potential benefit and less risk compared to flopping in basketball, but the flopping in basketball relative to the amount of contact in the game is not even close to soccer. It's a bad comparison.

I think flopping is much worse in basketball. Anyone who has played soccer knows when you're running full speed even slight contact can send you flying. A lot of the basketball flopping is two guys who are barely moving and there's no way one of them would fall down. Guys like battier make millions of dollars doing more fake falling than actually playing.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I can't even imagine how tired you must be if you've been out there for all 2 hours.