*** Official College Gameday (could be) in Ames Thread ***

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
The most boring College Gameday shows are when they go to places like Columbus or Tuscaloosa or Ann Arbor or [insert most of their locations here].

The fans going through the motions for yet another College Gameday visit.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
It would be great if they chose Ames and we boycotted because of Kirk' s tweets. Literally 0 people. No way it could ever be organized but would be cool to send that message.

It'd be cool but as much as we hate them we would need to take advantage of the opportunity if they came. Great way to showcase our university and football program.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
It would be great if they chose Ames and we boycotted because of Kirk' s tweets. Literally 0 people. No way it could ever be organized but would be cool to send that message.

Wrong implementation. You have the largest crowd in College Gameday history and boo loud everytime Herbstreit opens his mouth.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
You'd have to think that if they were going to Columbus, it would of been announced by now. The fact it's still not announced makes me think there is at least see debate going on for another location.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
IIRC they haven't been to the Pac12 at all this year. I could see that happening, since:

they have been to an OSU game already AND just had PSU last week
already covered TCU a few weeks ago
probably only 1 more Big12 game for GD, likely Bedlam or TCU - OU

I just don't see it. Unless OSU and ISU both win both games the next two weeks, then maybe.

Nice to talk about though.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
IIRC they haven't been to the Pac12 at all this year. I could see that happening, since:

they have been to an OSU game already AND just had PSU last week
already covered TCU a few weeks ago
probably only 1 more Big12 game for GD, likely Bedlam or TCU - OU

I just don't see it. Unless OSU and ISU both win both games the next two weeks, then maybe.

Nice to talk about though.

I don't think it's nearly as simple as that, especially with the evidence you laid out.

Their one "name brand" team, USC, was exposed as a fraud last night, and their remaining schedule is @ASU, Arizona, @Colorado, UCLA. ESPN isn't doing a USC game the rest of the year, and the rest of the South is a joke.

There are three good teams in the North: Washington, WSU, and Stanford, and they all play each other. However, the only two possible games I can foresee them doing is ND-Stanford or WSU-UW, and both games are on Nov 25 That is the weekend of ISU-KSU, which isn't getting Gameday.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I get that we're disappointed, but ESPN is trying to make money here. That's their goal. Osu vs Penn state is a higher profile match up. I mean, it just is. I would have loved to see us get GameDay, but it's hard to argue with their choice.

I get that, but they just did Penn St last week (two weeks in a row), this is the second time this year they're in Columbus, and you know they'll be in Ann Arbor for UM-OSU. Can they at least make it a little less obvious that they spread their legs for the Big 10?

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I get that, but they just did Penn St last week (two weeks in a row), this is the second time this year they're in Columbus, and you know they'll be in Ann Arbor for UM-OSU. Can they at least make it a little less obvious that they spread their legs for the Big 10?
But the Big 10 makes the most money out of all leagues and has by far the most fans, so again, it makes sense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron