****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019

Tyem Freeman, SF
Recruiting interest: Tulsa, South Florida, Grand Canyon, Murray State, Pittsburgh, Iowa State

A former three-star recruit in Missouri State's 2019 class, Freeman, out of Springfield, Missouri, is an explosive, 6-6 wing who's a highlight waiting to happen. So far this season, he's averaging 18 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game.

Chris Payton, PF
Recruiting interest: Iowa State, Southern Illinois, Kent State, Maryland

Payton, a product of Bloomington, Illinois, was originally a three-star recruit in Southern Illinois' 2019 class. He's a 6-7 stretch forward averaging a double-double (12.6 points and 10 rebounds per game) while shooting 58.9% and 36.4% from outside.

Is love to bring in either of those two. Probably prefer Payton with shooting numbers like that

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Is love to bring in either of those two. Probably prefer Payton with shooting numbers like that

Has anybody on this board seen either of them play? I mean, do they both play the 'same' position theoretically, and is it most likely the '3' or the '4'?

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
If a player is listed as a SF, does that usually mean he's more apt to play the '3'? And a PF is more apt to play the 4? And which one is the 'wing'? A '3'? TIA

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
I know it'd be a long shot given who else is involved and that he's likely to go play for his dad at UWM, but does TJ/staff have any strong connections with Patrick Baldwin (WI kid that is one of the top 2021 undecided players)? Talk about a player that would tremendously accelerate the rebuild process.

• Useful
Reactions: t-noah

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I know it'd be a long shot given who else is involved and that he's likely to go play for his dad at UWM, but does TJ/staff have any strong connections with Patrick Baldwin (WI kid that is one of the top 2021 undecided players)? Talk about a player that would tremendously accelerate the rebuild process.

I'm sure the staff is aware but, like you said Baldwin is thought to play for his dad to the point other blue bloods haven't reached out. Duke is the only one to recruit and currently has the Crystal ball if he doesn't play at UW-M or Duke it'll be a huge upset.
TJ has seemed pretty realistic on his targets and not focused on longshots especially this late in the process. Totally agree on your thoughts but and would like ISU to reach out but I doubt Baldwin is really going to be an option.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Maybe he liked TJ, so now he likes Iowa State?
I was disappointed Arms selected TT. Oh well. More opportunities now. Not knowing TJ, but sort of, he probably has about 10-20 feelers out, or more, on this last scholly, and will likely be as selective as he can in the time allotted.

Personally I'd be very happy to add a guy like Chad Baker for this year, and the next maybe 3-4 years. He would be a guy I would wait on. Good handle and shooter, 6-6. If a No there, then on to the next.

Not sure A. Kuluma would want to come to Ames vs. UNLV? If so that would be a nice surprise. Haven't looked him up yet.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I was disappointed Arms selected TT. Oh well. More opportunities now. Not knowing TJ, but sort of, he probably has about 10-20 feelers out, or more, on this last scholly, and will likely be as selective as he can in the time allotted.

Personally I'd be very happy to add a guy like Chad Baker for this year, and the next maybe 3-4 years. He would be a guy I would wait on. Good handle and shooter, 6-6. If a No there, then on to the next.

Not sure A. Kuluma would want to come to Ames vs. UNLV? If so that would be a nice surprise. Haven't looked him up yet.
Baker is my #1 want. Will be interesting to see if we pursue him but he really looked like a high major player.