****Official Class of 2021 Recruiting Thread****

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Who do you think we have a legit shot at landing? I know the recruiting mail bag from September said ISU was one of the first schools to contact Michael Thomas when he decommmited from Houston. Really hope we have a shot at him.

I think we have a legit shot at landing Alden Applewhite, also players can have have immediate eligibility if they transfer next season, so I wouldn’t mind keeping one scholarship open.

Reactions: JVAR

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Plus if he wants to Solo can come back for a 5th year. With this year not counting and neither senior a can't miss making pro dollars here or overseas, it eases the pressure on this recruiting cycle. Add in the likely grad transfers getting a 5th or 6th year this might be a good year to keep 1 maybe 2 open, plus any transfer outs that we might have. Definitely would not want to "reach" on a kid in the early signing period this year

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I think we have a legit shot at landing Alden Applewhite, also players can have have immediate eligibility if they transfer next season, so I wouldn’t mind keeping one scholarship open.
If immediate eligibility rule somehow passes, it won't become effective until Aug 2021. Next spring's transfer recruiting cycle will be under existing transfer rules.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Why is Pastner considered any good? For the talent he has recruited, his teams have massively underperformed. I don’t get why players want to play for him.

It’s really rather simple.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Plus if he wants to Solo can come back for a 5th year. With this year not counting and neither senior a can't miss making pro dollars here or overseas, it eases the pressure on this recruiting cycle. Add in the likely grad transfers getting a 5th or 6th year this might be a good year to keep 1 maybe 2 open, plus any transfer outs that we might have. Definitely would not want to "reach" on a kid in the early signing period this year

6th* if you count the injury redshirt year.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Pretty exciting player actually. Good shot and great hops. Has some good offers.

I didn't see great hops in that highlight video. He does look long and athletic, maybe even "smooth", but not really explosive. He dunks with ease because of his height/length, not because of his elevation. Don't get me wrong...I see potential for a really good player there.

Reactions: heitclone

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I didn't see great hops in that highlight video. He does look long and athletic, maybe even "smooth", but not really explosive. He dunks with ease because of his height/length, not because of his elevation. Don't get me wrong...I see potential for a really good player there.
The thing i noticed with him is he does not have elite vertical in his hops. But I did see that he has the ability to rise out further than you would normally see a player jump.