****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Here we go. Preview from Rivals on the recruits this weekend. Interesting note on Tyler Harris on the end the blurb ISU may still be in the mix. Tyler H. was tweeting/complementing D-Jax on the new jerseys yesterday....

Talen Horton-Tucker
Iowa State has already made a major splash this fall, as it boasts three Rivals150 prospects in the 2018 class. The Cyclones hope to add even more to the mix this weekend as they bring in all three of their commitments - George Conditt, Tyrese Haliburton and Zion Griffen and also skilled and versatile small forward Talen Horton-Tucker A 6-foot-5 do-it-all wing that is in the mold of former ISU great Georges Niang. Horton-Tucker would be the cherry on top of the best class Steve Prohm has ever assembled.

While the Cyclones remain heavily in the hunt for Rivals150 lead guard Tyler Harris. if they were to miss on the spark-plug playmaker, Horton-Tucker’s versatility and passing skills would enable him to be used on the ball in spurts. Xavier and a handful of others remain in the hunt for Horton-Tucker, but having ISU host its three commitments could only enhance its chances of landing the Windy City product.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...spects-hit-the-road-for-some-important-visits

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not to be a jerk, but are these pics ok? Is it ok for Prohm to be in them? I hope so.

I wouldn't see why not. Is it any difference than the Register posting pictures of all of them at Hilton Madness? Recruits often post pictures of them and coaches when on their recruiting visits.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wouldn't see why not. Is it any difference than the Register posting pictures of all of them at Hilton Madness? Recruits often post pictures of them and coaches when on their recruiting visits.

I know there isn't a problem with recruits posting pics on social media of themselves and other recruits, I just felt a little uneasy about seeing Prohm in them posing with them.

But maybe since it's the recruit posting it and not ISU it's ok?

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I know there isn't a problem with recruits posting pics on social media of themselves and other recruits, I just felt a little uneasy about seeing Prohm in them posing with them.

About certain its okay for a recruit to post these kinds of things. The school nor the coaches can state specific about recruits but there is no violation for a recruit.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

You’re right to be concerned. We’re ******.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Cat

Aug 15, 2017
The NCAA recently changed some rules on tweets to make more stuff okay. I know Maryland tweeted out a pic of 5 visitors all in Maryland uniforms via a photo edit. Can't see this being an issue at all.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
With the Conditt news, how nice is it to be sitting with 1 scholly to fill (not gonna touch the 'every year there is attrition' topic) before next year? Allows coaches to focus on THT and really be able to sit back and accept that it's fine if we miss and just fill with a spring Juco/Transfer.

The 2018-2019 #squad is looking to be quite deep (obviously have a lot to figure out between now and then) and it will be especially nice to not have to rely on a frosh to come in and be a major impact player. Which is not to say, I don't expect anyone from the class to do so.
Or since we only have 12 for 17' we can take a mid season sit out tranfer... a lot of options.