****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
The break out of the event on Wednesday evening, Xavier Castaneda was tremendous setting the floor for his unit as he made every play and took care of the ball whenever pressure was applied. In a class where there is a lacking crop of capable lead guards that can make others better, Castaneda may be the next ballplayer to see his name pop up on a number of high major recruiting boards.

Blessed with great length and an excellent feel and pace for the game, Castaneda's playmaking acumen was on total display. Finishing with 12 points off of just three shots from the field to go along with his three assists, the Meanstreets product took the perfect time to showcase his strengths as a facilitator and ball hawking defender. Iowa State, Missouri, and Tulsa have all offered while a handful of others have kept in touch.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/oladipo-camp-wednesday-observations

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-takeaways-hardwood-classic-saturday

"The grind of the grassroots basketball circuit is nearing an end for four-star teammates Joey Hauser and A.J. Green of the Iowa Barnstormers. I think that the recruitment of both players is nearing an end too.

In fact, Green said that he's likely going to decide in August before the start of his senior year of school. A slick point guard, my guess is that it bodes well for Northern Iowa where his father Kyle Green is an assistant coach.
UNI's Ben Jacobson watched Green closely on Saturday and he also drew assistants from Iowa State and Minnesota. Green mentioned Virginia, Clemson, Nebraska and Gonzaga as others who have watched closely but the family ties look like they will be tough to beat here."

"Class of 2018 small forward Zion Griffin did even better because I had never heard of the 6-foot-5 wing for Hoopers Basketball from Hinsdale (Ill.) South. I know his name now, that's for sure. Drake, Loyola (Ill.), Illinois State, Wright State, Western Michigan, Chicago State and Toledo have all offered but Iowa State's Steve Prohm watched as did assistants from Northwestern, Virginia Tech, Minnesota and others for stretches. "

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls

Zion looks like he's got the body to be a big 12 player could be an interesting find for Prohm.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyBri

Help Support Us

Become a patron