****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Just got back from the MN state tournament basketball game. Champlin Park won on a last second shot. The team was down by about 14 with less than 15 minutes to go. McKinley Wright brought CP back pretty much by himself. I hope we didn't make a mistake by pulling his offer. He had 30 points and about 10 rebounds while guarding the other team's best player that is 3 or 4 inches taller than him. I'm not complaining about who we signed but he does so much on the court.

Reactions: CloneLawman

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
H
Just got back from the MN state tournament basketball game. Champlin Park won on a last second shot. The team was down by about 14 with less than 15 minutes to go. McKinley Wright brought CP back pretty much by himself. I hope we didn't make a mistake by pulling his offer. He had 30 points and about 10 rebounds while guarding the other team's best player that is 3 or 4 inches taller than him. I'm not complaining about who we signed but he does so much on the court.
He is no doubt a very good player, and I think Dayton got a real steal in him. I think we made the right choice, obviously, in Lindell, but I think we will see that McKinley had a really solid career at the mid-major level. Best of luck to him as he seems to be a pretty sharp kid as well.

Reactions: jcyclonee

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
H

He is no doubt a very good player, and I think Dayton got a real steal in him. I think we made the right choice, obviously, in Lindell, but I think we will see that McKinley had a really solid career at the mid-major level. Best of luck to him as he seems to be a pretty sharp kid as well.
I wish we could have gotten both, but McNeil is a great prospect too. Impossible to know how guys will turn out.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I wish we could have gotten both, but McNeil is a great prospect too. Impossible to know how guys will turn out.
Yeah, and I think with us kinda taking a step back from him when he seemed basically ready to sign with us, shows that he and Lindell would have played a similar role here. Or at least the staff saw them that way, I assume. But I agree, it's impossible to know how a player will develop, grow, mature, excel in his college years.

Guess we just gotta trust the guys we pay da big bucks to make the right choices! :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Think McNeil has a bigger upside as well do to his athleticism.
He is a little taller, more athletic and probably a better shooter but watching that game, you just see that Wright does so much. Well, Dayton seems to have gotten a pretty good one. I am a bit biased as he is from my kid's high school and, although my daughter doesn't know him, some of her friends say he really is a nice kid.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
Watching the Hutchinson CC game and wow is Juiston good! He would be an immediate starter and would be an impact player next year. We need to lock him up. Glad Willy Smalls is in attendance

Reactions: isutrevman

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
My only nitpick on Julston was that he didn't really appear to play all that hard at times. Jogged down the court a few times but still dominated when he wanted and the team needed it. Would be a really good recruit. Not so sure about that guard going to Wichita State. He was more of a ball hog and air balled a couple threes.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
My only nitpick on Julston was that he didn't really appear to play all that hard at times. Jogged down the court a few times but still dominated when he wanted and the team needed it. Would be a really good recruit. Not so sure about that guard going to Wichita State. He was more of a ball hog and air balled a couple threes.

Juco ball

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
It was still a MUCH better game than the ugly Indian Hills vs Monroe game yesterday. Some JUCO players play very hard, ie McKay and the whole Hills team when the pressing coach was here.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Not sweating?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

I wouldn't worry about that. Most of what I've read is that Juiston's motor is one of his best qualities as a player.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron