***Official - cheering for the asteroid*** Hawks vs Huskers Thread

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
You guys see Bo's post game press conference? Looked like a very uncomfortable room, he called out the refs from the game and went off after being questioned about his job status....very interesting. Said coaching controversy hurt the team, he's proud of what he's done, record speaks for itself, basically said if they wanna fire him, to fire him.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
You guys see Bo's post game press conference? Looked like a very uncomfortable room, he called out the refs from the game and went off after being questioned about his job status....very interesting. Said coaching controversy hurt the team, he's proud of what he's done, record speaks for itself, basically said if they wanna fire him, to fire him.
I hate the guy, but I honestly don't think there are many coaches are going to come in and do as well as Bo has done. Nebraska is a much harder place to coach than it was 10 years ago and it is only going to get harder.

Cyzmc

Apr 16, 2006
Farragut, Iowa
Acted like a man that knew he was toast.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I hate the guy, but I honestly don't think there are many coaches are going to come in and do as well as Bo has done. Nebraska is a much harder place to coach than it was 10 years ago and it is only going to get harder.

Even with it being tougher, he's always had them hovering 10 wins. They got hammered by injuries this year, if Martinez is healthy, they pry win their division. The scary thing is, they played a lot of young kids this year, especially on defense. They will be pretty good next year.

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
Ummm, a 5-7 team that was like 4-1 at the time, ranked in the top 25, coming off a win AT nebbie. They were not a "bad" team when Iowa State played them.

Stupid iowa fans are stupid.

They were 4-2 and coming in having lost 2 of 3.

Before throwing in the stupid claim, you might want to check your facts. I'll give you a C for effort and not having any personal attacks for once.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
We rejoice as if we won the national championship when we have a 6-6 season with an appearance in the Liberty Bowl. They can't celebrate winning 8 games and going to the Outback Bowl?

Agree with this. I will hear it NONSTOP with the inlaws all tonight and tomorrow. With that said, I gave them an awful lot of **** last year.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
They were 4-2 and coming in having lost 2 of 3.

Before throwing in the stupid claim, you might want to check your facts. I'll give you a C for effort and not having any personal attacks for once.

Thanks for the correction. Hard to believe they were ranked. Harder yet to believe that they were coming off a week where they went into nebbie and won.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Agree with this. I will hear it NONSTOP with the inlaws all tonight and tomorrow. With that said, I gave them an awful lot of **** last year.

At the end of the day, regardless of how overpaid he is, kirkie has shown to be a good coach. That contract, and an idiot fanbase that perceives themselves to be elite, and a national program, has been where much of the complaining has come from.

He has absolutely won more than they should ever expect.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Bo Pelini... you've been reprimanded for your use of foul language in a press conference.

[video]http://www.omaha.com/article/20131129/HUSKERS/131128545/1002#pelini-if-they-wanna-fire-me-go-ahead[/video]

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Would it be appropriate to call out ISUAlum2002 for arguing with me during the MSU game this year that ISU was clearly better than Iowa, regardless of the head-to-head matchup?

Don't recall saying ISU was clearly better than Iowa, I recall the debate being about whether the outcome would have been much different had the game been played a couple of weeks later after the coaches had at least pulled their heads halfway out of their *****.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Don't recall saying ISU was clearly better than Iowa, I recall the debate being about whether the outcome would have been much different had the game been played a couple of weeks later after the coaches had at least pulled their heads halfway out of their *****.
http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/gen...o-isu-football-game-thread-3.html#post3622813

I suppose you didn't argue that ISU was much better, but rather that the results would have been much different and I wasn't winning that argument.

Now, it may be slightly pathetic that I remember this over a month after the fact, but I just really like winning online fights. Cuz they matter.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I was cheering for an asteroid hit, but I livetoo close and couldn't 'stand the fallout of arrogance BS.

Help Support Us

Become a patron