Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I’m watching on TV and really wish the announcers would be a little more animated. Their voices are so soft and well-measured that the only way I can tell when something good happens is the crowd noise. They remind me of the SNL skit with Alec Baldwin.

Reactions: CloneLawman

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Loss is on me. I had game on but was doing other things while having the game on. After we closed to within 1 after 3 I stopped doing other things and focused on watching the 4th quarter.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looked good today. Refs were calling lots of fouls, but not when we would take it to the basket. I lost count of how many times we thought we would be fouled and just threw the ball at the rim before travelling. And Baylor seemed to be taking away our back door cuts. That's not easy.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Mulkey looked like she was getting ready for a meltdown in the 4th Q. If we took the lead on a controversial play, she was going to earn a Technical. I was really hoping it would happen, but then they pulled away. Now, all I have to look forward to is Steph Copley's ripping on her on the next podcast.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Saw this just a bit ago on Twitter from Deb Fennelly. Not sure if it's something specific she's referring to, or if it was a general comment. Anyone know? I didn't do any digging to see if something was directed at CBF or the team about the loss.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Saw this just a bit ago on Twitter from Deb Fennelly. Not sure if it's something specific she's referring to, or if it was a general comment. Anyone know? I didn't do any digging to see if something was directed at CBF or the team about the loss.

I'm guessing it's in reference to Steve Prohm given it was before the women's game.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
I'm guessing it's in reference to Steve Prohm given it was before the women's game.

According to Emily Rayn's aunt, who's an active follower of CycloneWBB, K-State fans are doing the same nasty things to Bruce Weber and his team as well. I got that people are not satisfied with our MBB program, but please criticize without personal attacks.

• Optimistic
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

According to Emily Rayn's aunt, who's an active follower of CycloneWBB, K-State fans are doing the same nasty things to Bruce Weber and his team as well. I got that people are not satisfied with our MBB program, but please criticize without personal attacks.

I would note that while I don't spend too much time in the comments section of Twitter, I find most of the criticism to be relatively fair. It seems to me for the most part people stay away from players and the stuff with Prohm, while maybe not especially kind, doesn't go too far into the realm of being "personal". He's a grown man in a high profile, high paying position and it should not be surprising that this comes with some criticism.

So yes, stay away from personal attacks, but I disagree with any sentiment that he should be beyond criticism.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I would note that while I don't spend too much time in the comments section of Twitter, I find most of the criticism to be relatively fair. It seems to me for the most part people stay away from players and the stuff with Prohm, while maybe not especially kind, doesn't go too far into the realm of being "personal". He's a grown man in a high profile, high paying position and it should not be surprising that this comes with some criticism.

So yes, stay away from personal attacks, but I disagree with any sentiment that he should be beyond criticism.
Well apparently Deb found quite a bit of it since she specifically talks about personal attacks rather than criticism.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Well apparently Deb found quite a bit of it since she specifically talks about personal attacks rather than criticism.

I don't know, it probably exists. And shame on anyone that makes it personal. But I'd be curious to see what she is qualifying as a "personal attack" as pretty much everything I see it pretty fairly just about his coaching performance.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
It could be as simple as people posting that player "X" should have done this or should have not done that. Any time people post comments naming a player and saying things like that you don't know how said player will take the comment. My hope is the players stay away from places like this so they don't see comments from people who have never played or coached at the level they are now playing at.

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
It could be as simple as people posting that player "X" should have done this or should have not done that. Any time people post comments naming a player and saying things like that you don't know how said player will take the comment. My hope is the players stay away from places like this so they don't see comments from people who have never played or coached at the level they are now playing at.
I don't get why Deb, a coach's wife, is on twitter anyway.

Help Support Us

Become a patron