*** Official Baylor vs #17 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I didn't mind the call because if we hadn't brought pressure and they picked up the first down everyone would be complaining that we didn't bring pressure.

The problem was we tipped off what we were going to do WAY too early and Brewer made the great adjustment to burn us..... one of my biggest pet peeves with Manning and our offense by the way..... we have NEVER been able to do that to an opposing team...., it was a thing of beauty to see executed to perfection.

I think once we tipped them off to what we were going to do and you could see Brewer changing the play, I think we should have backed off of bringing the pressure. In hindsight, not bringing pressure might have given up the first down, but likely would not have given up the TD like the blitz did, but I had no issue with the initial call of bringing pressure..... only that once you could tell we had tipped Brewer off, I think we should have backed out of it.

Great analysis. Unlike so often where we give stuff up because we go soft in an effort to keep everything in front of us, this time we went for the win, but unfortunately we tipped our hand and the QB audibled into the play that took advantage of what we showed him. As a fan I can live with that TD we gave up because they caught us going for the death blow.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Great analysis. Unlike so often where we give stuff up because we go soft in an effort to keep everything in front of us, this time we went for the win, but unfortunately we tipped our hand and the QB audibled into the play that took advantage of what we showed him. As a fan I can live with that TD we gave up because they caught us going for the death blow.
That and Lawrence White slipped on the play. It still probably would’ve been a first down but it wouldn’t have been much more than 10 yards. That’s one where you just tip your cap to Brewer and curse your luck because White is in the right spot and makes that play 95% of the time.