SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Appalachian-State-University.png
vs
site.png

IOWA STATE (0-2, 0-0 BIG 12)
VS. APPALACHIAN STATE (2-0, 0-0 SUN BELT)
THURSDAY, NOV. 16 | 4:30 P.M. CST
CONWAY, S.C. | HTC CENTER (3,212)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: Chris Williams (pxp); Brent Blum (analyst)
TV: ESPNU
Talent: Alvaro Martin (pxp); Debbie Antonelli (analyst)

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Need that competitive edge. Determination, focus, cunning, and cut throat execution. Don't take no for an answer and practice longer when you think you've done enough. Go Clones!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Alright. Gameday with the whole roster able to get minutes and a change at PG. Lot of change and things to watch for considering it is game 2.

I am optimistic this will let the players use there strengths and become comfortable in their roles. Allowing D-Jax and Wigginton to play off the ball and just catch and attack without trying to run the Offense is a good move by Prohm IMO. I hope it also results in speeding up the offense. Getting 2 true 6'9" players should help the interior D and rebounds.

4:30 PM is where the real evaluation of this team can start and I am going in with a fresh mindset.

Bonus: Proof Lard is indeed real and ready contribute in a major way.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

cyattack69

Oct 5, 2017
Not everyone is made to be a starting PG...last year we learned Jackson was dangerous in a support role...do you think he is the 6th man off the bench? Mimic last years role?

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Babb’s been effectively our main pg since the first half of the Missouri game, so I don’t think it’ll be a huge change. That should have been the plan from Day 1, at least for the beginning part of the year.

If Prohm’s going to throw in the towel on offense, he needs to do it fully imo. I hope we play the best five for defense and rebounding. I’m guessing that’s NWB, Wigginton, Talley, Lard, and Young.

Last edited:
Reactions: rholtgraves

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Babb’s been effectively our main pg since the first half of the Missouri imo, game so I don’t think it’ll be a huge change. That should have been the plan from Day 1, at least for the beginning part of the year.

If Prohm’s going to throw in the towel on offense, he needs to do it fully imo. I hope we play the best five for defense and rebounding. I’m guessing that’s NWB, Wigginton, Talley, Lard, and Young.

That's funny that is just what i was thinking. If they want to put their best defense and rebounding lineup in put those guys in the starting lineup and then have Brase and Jackson as the main reserves and sprinkle in some Long, Lewis and Beverly.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think if they show improvement today and get the win, it could give them a little boost in confidence too. I am also hoping to see someone step forward as a leader on the court. When something isn't going well, who is going to get the guys together and get it turned around? I think that would have made a big difference in the last game. Things weren't going well in the second half and it was still a close game, but then things just kept unraveling and the no one ever stepped up.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Someone brought it up on another post, but Lard has been practicing with them all along, and him being benched probably threw them off their game. I think they get back to form this afternoon.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Start the weekend off right with a win, then another win tomorrow. Then a win at baylor Saturday. Then a win in this tournament championship.

That's not too much to ask, is it?

Reactions: MuseumFaux

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Let's Go State! Hope they can continue to show improvement and hope Brase and Lard improve the team tremendously.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I think a sleepy tourney location will be good for this team. It seemed like they felt the pressure of performing in Hilton get to them, and Mizzou had an intimidating atmosphere for a young team w/ no chemistry. Let's go Clones!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron