*** Official #9 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(day) Thread ***

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Didn't you know, that earning our trust is a prerequisite to playing basketball at ISU. Fred will check with Final42b to make sure he has his trust before he gets his next recruit.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Bench bdj **** him and start McKay, without Jones against Iowa kicked *** With him we have strugglEd. We are not playing team ball, so Morris, McKay, Hogue, Niang, and Long should start.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Didn't you know, that earning our trust is a prerequisite to playing basketball at ISU. Fred will check with Final42b to make sure he has his trust before he gets his next recruit.

Wow no reading comprehension from you. I was replying to the comment that says fans get mad at Bryce's shots but don't question Naz's.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
its more about what he hasn't done. That turnover against kansas with 1 minute left and 30 seconds left in the shot clock is a perfect example why people don't trust him yet.

See this is the hypocrisy I am talking about. Want to complain about BDJ's turnovers, but there's no complaining about Georges stupid turnovers.

As for BDJ looking like he did on the bench, that is how he always looks. At least he wasn't out on the court laughing it up when they were getting their *** kicked like Georges was.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
See this is the hypocrisy I am talking about. Want to complain about BDJ's turnovers, but there's no complaining about Georges stupid turnovers.

As for BDJ looking like he did on the bench, that is how he always looks. At least he wasn't out on the court laughing it up when they were getting their *** kicked like Georges was.

Georges has won us many many games down the stretch, Bryce has not.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This is what upsets me most, is the hypocrisy, CFH continuously says "the only way to get out of a slump is to shoot out of it." But the only player he really allows to try to shoot out of a slump is Naz. Same thing with our fans, it's hypocrisy. All I hear at our games when BDJ shoots is "Come on Bryce pass the ball", but when Naz shoots rediculous shot no one questions it.

Don't take this as me having a problem with Naz because I want him shooting everything he touches, but I also feel the same about Georges and BDJ, they need to be more aggressive.

Are you really blaming Fred for not letting BDJ shoot? I think he lets him shoot.

Blame the fans for being stupid, but blaming Hoiberg??

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
its more about what he hasn't done. That turnover against kansas with 1 minute left and 30 seconds left in the shot clock is a perfect example why people don't trust him yet.

So because Naz got lucky against KU when he took on a double team with 1 minute to go and didn't turn it over he has earned our trust? I looked at both plays as being aggressive one succeeded and one didn't but didn't see anything I didn't like other than the result of one.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

You must hate Georges. Sure he makes plays, but he also makes more boneheaded plays than BDJ, with less rebounding and defense. It's like these guys are not perfect even though they are starters.

People suffer from massive confirmation bias with BDJ. He has been too much of a team player. We need less Georges and 3Ps, and more action from guys like BDJ.

Last edited:

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
That pass from Niang to Mckay when everyone in the stadium and those with HD tv could easily see wasn't going to get completed. But I trust Niang, so it's ok.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Niang is beyond reproach, even after a legitimately awful game like today's.
Like you say, it's complete hypocrisy. Georges is beloved, but not living up to the hype. We won't mention that.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Niang is beyond reproach, even after a legitimately awful game like today's.
Like you say, it's complete hypocrisy. Georges is beloved, but not living up to the hype. We won't mention that.

Every player deserves some criticism today. Georges, Monte, Matt, Naz, BDJ, Dustin, Jameel, etc. They all didn't play well.

But I'll also say that if Georges isn't living up to YOUR HYPE then maybe your expectations were too high.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Every player deserves some criticism today. Georges, Monte, Matt, Naz, BDJ, Dustin, Jameel, etc. They all didn't play well.

But I'll also say that if Georges isn't living up to YOUR HYPE then maybe your expectations were too high.

Whoa, back away a little there.
In terms of my expectations, he just needs to vary things up a little. He's very predictable this year.

I think a lot of that comes from his pairing with BDJ. I think both guys are excellent, but haven't been able to sync up at all.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Whoa, back away a little there.
In terms of my expectations, he just needs to vary things up a little. He's very predictable this year.

I think a lot of that comes from his pairing with BDJ. I think both guys are excellent, but haven't been able to sync up at all.

I think a lot has to do with that he doesn't have Mel or DeAndre.