*** Official #8 Kansas vs #13 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Agree. And I don't understand some of our fans dogging on him. He's an effort guy, sets the tone and culture TJ wants, we need him, gets rewarded with court time, we need him. Did I mention, we need him?

TJ let coach. I say the bitiching has reached its quota.

He looked great today, along with all the stuff you mentioned.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
ZRF: You make some good points and I'd guess many agree. I watch on TV and yell at players, plays, refs, and TJ.

However, I do not post my thoughts on the game thread, because I don't presume to know more than the coaching staff.

You do. And you come off as an ass. Just watch the game, yell at the tv, kick the dog, whatever. But STFU.

Clonefan420

Jan 30, 2023
That would be true if he was measured entirely on the offensive end of the court.

Jones sets great picks, he rebounds, he does the little things that "Sports Center Highlight Fans" don't value. The simple reality- Jones makes this team better with his hustle and physical play.
He really doesn’t rebound that effectively. Look I realize many here don’t want to discredit a guy on the team, but he’s an issue on offense. No way to defend that. Any time he gets the ball down low, it’s essentially a turnover

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
He really doesn’t rebound that effectively. Look I realize many here don’t want to discredit a guy on the team, but he’s an issue on offense. No way to defend that. Any time he gets the ball down low, it’s essentially a turnover
Sure, fine. Save it for next game?

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I’d hope, but I know at least 60% of fans cringe when he gets the ball.
At least that percentage of fans are clueless. Bob is a tremendous defender and a physical presence. That’s why he plays and he does the job that’s asked of him.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Lol, everyone 'fouls' when they are tired.

No he doesn't.

His rebounding numbers are abysmal for a player of his size and minutes. The majority of his baskets and board are uncontested. When BRE encounters defenders and or competition for board he often fails. He scored 2 gimme buckets and had 2 rebounds in 17 minutes. That's pathetic production.

He's not great at setting picks and has probably been called for more offensive fouls on illegal picks than anyone in the league. He's an okay one on one defender on the block, but he's a terrible help defender, woeful at close outs, and doesn't have great awareness around the rim.

You "assessment" is filled with anecdotes and falsehoods. He sucks against Power 5 conpetitin and there are ample stats and video evidence to back up that claim.

Playing hard is one thing. But you need to combine the tenacity with tangible results (ala Grill). You aren't helping the team when you try hard but suck while doing it.

The highlighted sums up your game analysis and player evaluation skills. You complain every thread with your in depth BB knowledge I hope your emailing the coaching staff with your brilliant analysis.

Clonefan420

Jan 30, 2023
At least that percentage of fans are clueless. Bob is a tremendous defender and a physical presence. That’s why he plays and he does the job that’s asked of him.
He’s the lowest offense rated player in the conference by far and bottom 10 defense. He’s just not good.

Attachments

• 6E066202-6E7B-4E58-BC91-51F6681C85B7.jpeg
    6E066202-6E7B-4E58-BC91-51F6681C85B7.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Informative
Reactions: Die4Cy

Clonefan420

Jan 30, 2023
I watch the games. He can guard on the perimeter. He’s not out there for offense. TJ obviously disagrees with your assessment. He plays major minutes on one of the best teams in America. Some of you are ridiculous.
People keep falling back on “tj knows” no, tj literally has no choice. Osun can’t play 40 minutes, it’s not possible. King is getting into a rhythm and take more minutes. Kunc is just coming back from injury. Going forward I’d imagine Jones minutes will be slashed unless foul trouble

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
People keep falling back on “tj knows” no, tj literally has no choice. Osun can’t play 40 minutes, it’s not possible. King is getting into a rhythm and take more minutes. Kunc is just coming back from injury. Going forward I’d imagine Jones minutes will be slashed unless foul trouble
Yeah like before Jaz got hurt.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
And he missed the 5 posted up shot attempts. He had two great effort plays, besides that, not much
And again, he’s the backup center, and the starting center played 23 minutes and had 4 fouls.

Osun has been playing well. Like today, most games he’s playing in the low 20s in minutes, plays with great effort during those minutes, and often ends up with 3-4 fouls.

It’s almost, ALMOST like a coach that took a 0 win Big 12 team to the sweet sixteen and then rebuilt the roster again to be a top 15 team knows what he’s doing and has figured out how to optimize Osun’s productivity.

Love ZRF ******** about Robs buckets being “gimmes.” FFS his first bucket he gets the steal on one end, runs the floor and gets a bucket. Then again he also bitched about Holmes forcing too many shots on a team that otherwise has nobody else that can create their own shot.

Does every other fanbase have so many dip **** fans that ***** about their backup center or the only guy on the God damn roster that you can give the ball to and say “we need a good look, go get us one” when the team is pushing to be a top 10 team?