*** Official #8 Kansas vs #13 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Well I was dead wrong about Villanova. Really thought by this time our win over them would be a nice win, but they never put it together. Coach Neptune not looking like he will last long there.

Reactions: isutrevman

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
He just isn’t good enough for big 12 basketball.
That would be true if he was measured entirely on the offensive end of the court.

Jones sets great picks, he rebounds, he does the little things that "Sports Center Highlight Fans" don't value. The simple reality- Jones makes this team better with his hustle and physical play.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
jRAa3pm7JmAe.jpg

Just a reminder from this morning.
What a cheap piece-of-**** board for a college gameday. I couldn't be alone in thinking that. It looked High schoolish.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Watching replay lol at Fran's Holmes getting carpal tunnel from all this phone call hand gestures.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
What a cheap piece-of-**** board for a college gameday. I couldn't be alone in thinking that. It looked High schoolish.
Lol, saw that stupid board, one of their KU stickers started falling off also.

It's funny, last week they all picked us to win at Missouri, now this today.

Reactions: Cjreimer

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yes and I hope Grill chooses to return another year as his game has really blossomed.

There's also a very real possibility ISU and KU could meet again in the Big 12 tournament.

He did say regular season. I'll give him a pass because usually you think senior you think they are done. I'll be glad when this covid year stuff is over with.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
See your first sentence.

Lol, everyone 'fouls' when they are tired.
That would be true if he was measured entirely on the offensive end of the court.

Jones sets great picks, he rebounds, he does the little things that "Sports Center Highlight Fans" don't value. The simple reality- Jones makes this team better with his hustle and physical play.

No he doesn't.

His rebounding numbers are abysmal for a player of his size and minutes. The majority of his baskets and board are uncontested. When BRE encounters defenders and or competition for board he often fails. He scored 2 gimme buckets and had 2 rebounds in 17 minutes. That's pathetic production.

He's not great at setting picks and has probably been called for more offensive fouls on illegal picks than anyone in the league. He's an okay one on one defender on the block, but he's a terrible help defender, woeful at close outs, and doesn't have great awareness around the rim.

You "assessment" is filled with anecdotes and falsehoods. He sucks against Power 5 conpetitin and there are ample stats and video evidence to back up that claim.

Playing hard is one thing. But you need to combine the tenacity with tangible results (ala Grill). You aren't helping the team when you try hard but suck while doing it.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Next game is at West Virginia who is currently beating Oklahoma by 31 right now (the same Oklahoma team that just beat #2 Alabama). This conference is sick!!

WVU next Wednesday is going to be a tough one. Morgantown hasn’t been particularly kind to the Cyclones. But this is also a different team. Nonetheless, have your nut-cups on standby.