*** Official #8 Kansas vs #13 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
That was fun. It’s funny, the headline on cbssports is “ISU dominates sliding Kansas”. All week the headlines were: KU is back on track and going to win the Big 12.

All our players made positive contributions and the coaches made great decisions.
Of course, they have to find any way to diminish Iowa State's win. I'd love to be "sliding" after winning at Kentucky then beating a Top 10 team the 2 games before.

Reactions: isutrevman

Clonefan420

Jan 30, 2023
I'm not sure I've ever seen a player in recent seasons receive the level of attention on this forum that Rob Jones gets after either a win or loss, especially in comparison to his level of impact on the game, whether good or bad. It's really almost fascinating.
He just isn’t good enough for big 12 basketball.

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
I'm not sure I've ever seen a player in recent seasons receive the level of attention on this forum that Rob Jones gets after either a win or loss, especially in comparison to his level of impact on the game, whether good or bad. It's really almost fascinating.
Who's Rob Jones?

• Haha
Reactions: ISUChippewa

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Anyone scouting the A10 for next season yet? Osun and Holmes have made great transitions into the league. Hope we keep poaching them.
Jaren and Osun were because of Nate Schmidt, as well as the 4 star guard from NY in the 24 class. He appears to be our east coast recruiter.

Last edited:

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Two years of meaningful minutes in big 12 basketball speak otherwise. I'd take BRE's two years of contributions over conditt's four years
Conditt is like our lone Big12 basketball television advertisement hightlight....I guess that and a Cy karate kid kick.
I love all players who stick around...and Conditt is good enough for me. We're mutts. our noses are cold. It took like 4 years and three schools for Grill to get a hair style signature look. We are one more unity project from a final four....hope all the guys wear breath right nasal strips or band aids on the same place....and that last unifying piece will seperate our band of brothers further from the other collections of McD's Mommas boyz.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Of course, they have to find any way to diminish Iowa State's win. I'd love to be "sliding" after winning at Kentucky then beating a Top 10 team the 2 games before.
And…lunardi projecting them at 1 but 4th place big 12 smh

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I’d have to go back and watch, but Jones gets a lot of attention on his misses and we got offensive boards on a couple of them.

3s of an offensive rebound are the easiest looks you’ll get, which Holmes knocked down 2 on.
Jones was horrible at finishing today but I thought he played a lot better all around than he had been recently. He wasn't mishandling passes or dribbling off his foot, was aggressive on the boards and was in better position on defense. My biggest complaint with Jones is that he doesn't have to shoot every time he gets the ball in the post.

• Agree
Reactions: StLouisClone

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Lots of choices for the Rulzzz pregame prediction award.

3rd Place all mentions of KU must be destroyed (and they were with prejudice)

2nd Place

KU is the drip drip of a leaky faucet. (Today they are headed down the drain.)

Winner

it will just make our victory sweeter. we are better than Kansas and today we show it.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Jones was horrible at finishing today but I thought he played a lot better all around than he had been recently. He wasn't mishandling passes or dribbling off his foot, was aggressive on the boards and was in better position on defense. My biggest complaint with Jones is that he doesn't have to shoot every time he gets the ball in the post.
Dunks only please

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife