*** Official #23 IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I've got to say that I've really been pleasantly and surprisingly impressed with how well Rob Jones has been playing in the Big 12 games so far. He's not (and shouldn't be) our first option on offense, but I think he's doing a lot of the little things well that don't get noticed until you look at the box score. 5 assists to 1 turnover in 15 minutes is pretty good for a backcourt player; it's downright awesome for a back-up big man.

He's a starter now.

:cool:

Maybe TJ switches back to Conditt, but I do not think Jones did anything last night to lose his starting spot. Both of them played similar minutes to what they have the rest of the Big 12 season.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I thought the offense became much more aggressive in OT. I liked that they started driving more in particular Hunter and Kalscher made some big plays. We stayed in the game because our jump shots were falling. On a night like against TCU we gotta get more aggressive and drive the ball.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I thought the offense became much more aggressive in OT. I liked that they started driving more in particular Hunter and Kalscher made some big plays. We stayed in the game because our jump shots were falling. On a night like against TCU we gotta get more aggressive and drive the ball.

It felt like they gained a lot of confidence in the last 4 minutes in regulation so the offense didn't seem hesitant at all. I think the Tech and Baylor games really made the offense scared of making risky passes. Get over those games and realize you're not playing a team with Tech's ability to pressure the ball for a while.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Well most of the time he does have a lane to use if he'd just turn around and use it.

I saw that too! When they do high post stuff so many times if George would just fake pivot and attack it would free those boys up on the outside. If you notice Jones did it once and went hard and got fouled: Granted he missed the free throws, but man that was refreshing to see it at least.

Reactions: GoldCy

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I saw that too! When they do high post stuff so many times if George would just fake pivot and attack it would free those boys up on the outside. If you notice Jones did it once and went hard and got fouled: Granted he missed the free throws, but man that was refreshing to see it at least.

Jones also made one on a nice kind of floater

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I noticed that too. The spacing was fantastic and the ball movement was much more crisp around the horn. They would zing it around and the defense couldnt move fast enough which led to the baseline drive. My boys and I even made comment on the quick hard passes.

Reactions: RezClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'd like to see the different 3 pt % for Gabe coming off a screen/curl or in rhythm vs. the spot up wide open looks.

The latter seems to happen more often.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It looked like it was to the side and still on it's way up
It was close enough they should have reviewed it. I thought it was goal trending, but it was pretty fast. It wasn't as clear as the KU one for sure, but I thought the ball was dropping when it was swatted.

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
George played more minutes in this game coming off the bench than any other game this year and played well - I say continue to bring him off the bench.
I totally agree. Have Conditt come off the bench. I think he might do better in that role and get more minutes because it might keep him out of early foul trouble, and he could be an offensive spark off the bench. It seems like he always picks up some illegal screen or some other ticky-tack foul before the first media timeout. Bring him in after the first media time out. Let him watch the early flow of the game for the first five minutes. Plus, it just makes our bench even better. Grill, Jaz, Trey, and George. Starting doesn't matter. George could play starter's minutes coming off the bench if he continues to play like he did last night.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Ed Harris had a line in Radio that I felt described my morning.
-I love Friday night when you're hunting for a win and Saturday morning when you found it.

Reactions: t-noah

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
LOL no way, that ball was over the cylinder when he blocked it.

14 points in 5 minutes might be the biggest offensive outburst by ISU this year. I'm sure I am imagining it, but it seems like ISU has had 5 minute scoreless droughts this year. It was nice to see several guys scoring significant points last night.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Post game comments from Oky State Coach regarding their difficulties guarding Brockington:

ON DIFFICULTY IN GUARDING IOWA STATE'S IZAIAH BROCKINGTON:
"Nah, you just give credit. Guys, that's the hard part about doing this, the other team's got good players, they practice, they watch film. A good players is just able to make a good shot under duress. We lived with a guy like that last year, and we saw it. So give credit. That kid's a good player, and we'll obviously have another opportunity to see him again and we'll try to defend him a little better. You force a guy to score 26 points on 20 shots, and many of them challenged, you just pat him on the butt and try to be better next time."

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Apologies in advance because I think this question has been asked before, but does anyone know if there's a way to listen to a replay of Walters and Heft calling this game?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron