*** Official #22 Texas VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Ehrlinger was laser perfect on pretty much every pass thrown. That's what kept them in the game. Texas receivers probably had 9 dropped passes. What won the game for us was the OL. Best game from that group in years IMO.

Agreed. That may have been the best O-line play in a decade or more here. Think back to last year when we got abused in the trenches. And this year our OL mauled Texas’ DL.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
The field looked great on TV. Can't believe it was in such good shape following the brutal cold last week. Turf guys are miracle workers.

• Agree
Reactions: hoosman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think the best thing about yesterday is apparently that Campbell tells his kickers a joke before they go out there. How cute is that? How much of a Dad thing is that? Does that make me love Campbell more? Yes.

The Rob Gray article talks about how CMC actually forgot to tell the joke before the walk off...but something more like he loved Assalley no matter what happened.

I was able to listen to the post-game show last night and CMC alluded to the same thing.

That's powerful stuff.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Ehrlinger was laser perfect on pretty much every pass thrown. That's what kept them in the game. Texas receivers probably had 9 dropped passes. What won the game for us was the OL. Best game from that group in years IMO.
NO pressure. It is open season when teams want to pass on us. Our feeble attempts from the guy who comes late from the far side, and is never a factor in the play. Our prevent D is a disaster. If we are going to a prevent D, why not drop 11, and let the guy have all day + some. Our 3 guys NEVER put any pressure on the QB.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
https://247sports.com/Article/media...wa-state-cyclones-texas-longhorns--138715049/

From Sean Pendergast Twitter:
Tom Herman’s presser, he just said “I’d never say we got outcoached.”

Uh, think again, fella.

Can't agree with this necessarily. I felt our coaching was poor at the end of the first half. Calling timeouts and leaving Tejas almost a minute after we kicked our field goal was a huge error. I knew our 10 - 0 lead would become 10 - 3 or 10 - 7 before halftime, and sure enough. There was no reason to leave all that time on the clock. Then play prevent, let 'em catch it, then tackle. We called two timeouts in the final 90 seconds and that mistake allowed Tejas enough time to score.

I love our staff's enthusiasm, dedication, recruiting and teaching skills. But I think in-game coaching is where they are still learning. Improvement there will get us beyond these near misses.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron