***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The ****** thing is the core of something special is there and the money (should) be there in 2025. Just piss poor front office work at developing a winning group.

I truly believe you sharpie about 10-15 dudes you want to compete with in 2025 and make the right moves in June/July this year, and next year could be pretty big.

• Haha
Reactions: dafarmer

Cyforce

Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The ****** thing is the core of something special is there and the money (should) be there in 2025. Just piss poor front office work at developing a winning group.

I truly believe you sharpie about 10-15 dudes you want to compete with in 2025 and make the right moves in June/July this year, and next year could be pretty big.
Jed won't spend on a bullpen, hopefully it costs him his job.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Trade Hoerner. Trade Taillon. See if Happ or Suzuki would go to a competitor. Stop giving Neris a chance to automatically get $9 MM next year unless you plan on trading him.

Go find a REAL 2025 solution to 1B and 3B instead of crossing your fingers. If that means buy them at this deadline, buy them at this deadline.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Another thing I would do which will upset a few on this board - Move Assad to closer. I get he’s been a great starter and IS NOT the problem. But I don’t believe he is a long-term plan as a starter, and he is the most flexible guy at getting done whatever is asked of him. Let him close out for a bit and if he shows he can be great at it, let it be his role next year.

I’d rather get **** on 1 out of every 5 games than blow lead after lead after lead because this bullpen is ******* aids.

Cyforce

Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Another thing I would do which will upset a few on this board - Move Assad to closer. I get he’s been a great starter and IS NOT the problem. But I don’t believe he is a long-term plan as a starter, and he is the most flexible guy at getting done whatever is asked of him. Let him close out for a bit and if he shows he can be great at it, let it be his role next year.

I’d rather get **** on 1 out of every 5 games than blow lead after lead after lead because this bullpen is ******* aids.
I actually like that idea. Currently however that would put Hendricks and Smyly in the rotation.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I actually like that idea. Currently however that would put Hendricks and Smyly in the rotation.
I don’t hate giving Smyly a chance and if he blows, give it to Wesneski. We owe nothing to Smyly and we’re going to cut him in November anyway. If it’s a lost season, let Wesneski or some mid-20s kid in Iowa get a taste of the league

Reactions: tman24

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This team was rolling, even with a bad bullpen, until they played the Braves, and it's been horrible since. I'm no expert, but I feel like the Braves scouted is on something with our offense, and every team has taken advantage since. Good coaching staffs will figure out what that is and counter it. Not sure what ours has been doing for the past 45 days.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
This team was rolling, even with a bad bullpen, until they played the Braves, and it's been horrible since. I'm no expert, but I feel like the Braves scouted is on something with our offense, and every team has taken advantage since. Good coaching staffs will figure out what that is and counter it. Not sure what ours has been doing for the past 45 days.
Agree but my knock is that I also feel like when we were 17-9 we had flaws being exposed. That was our record despite 3 blown 9th inning saves by Alzolay and if my memory is right our offense was being carried by an unproven rookie is Mikey Busch

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Any manager who bats Wisdom and Morel 1-2 in the lineup should be fired on sight. Both bat below .200 and have an OBP less than .300
Morel has batted .160 the last month, and you bat him 2nd? Any other club would bat him 8th or 9th. Dude should be playing in Des Moines, not Chicago.
wisdom replaced tauchman who was batting leadoff after he got hurt. can't shuffle the batting order , but kinda agree about moral, not a good contact hitter but right now which one of them is?

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
Too bad Tauchman wasn't also in the field. If so PCA would of been the replacement and he scores easily.
probably so but the third base coach sent him so there is that and belli did not produce either. just add up all the little things that go wrong and it makes a difference. and the giants outfielders make 2 good thros to get baserunners, which if the throw is off slightly it is a different outcome, but if wishes were horses you know the rest.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Poor man's Javy Baez, his plate discipline has to be the worst in the majors this year.
Have thought his plate discipline has been solid this year. His OBP is .105 higher than his BA. Currently he is ranked 19th highest in walks and 49th highest in SO.

But I would agree, he shouldn't be batting above 6th.

Also while he's solid with 13 HR's (ranked 25 in MLB), he only has 4 doubles. Just another example of how broken the offense is.

Last edited:

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Last night’s game rattled me a bit as a Cubs fan. The roster is full of the “last chicks at the bar at closing time.” I doubt any contender wants any player in our lineup that they couldn’t get for cheaper somewhere else. Aside from starting pitching, I truly believe 15 guys in Tennessee and Des Moines are better than the big league squad.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I saw this a couple days ago on the I-Cubs transactions as he was released. Must be the official wording but...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron