MLB: ***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yank announcers giving Molina kudos and respect on what a tough and dedicated guy he is starting today (not a young guy) after a night game. Heat index 105 this afternoon.

Last edited:

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
A good reminder that sometimes the best deals are the ones that never get done. I was disappointed Heyward signed with CHI when he did, but I'm glad I was wrong!

https://sports.yahoo.com/cubs-cut-ties-heyward-season-235701036.html

I was very disappointed when we didn’t sign him. But you’re right. His defense was tremendous but his hitting sucked in Chicago.

I always thought he was an decent hitter in St Louis and I just looked it up to make sure I wasn’t misremembering. His best season batting average in his career was his only year with the cardinals.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Bader sends farewell video to Cardinal fans (he finally got his haircut).
Yankee fans, see what you're getting.

harrison-bader-goodbye-st-louis-cardinals-baseball-mlb
Classy stuff, kudos to him. I’ve always thought Bader was the kind of guy who cared more about how his hair looked than how he was hitting. The kind of guy who practices his stance in the mirror so he “looks good.”

Glad to see hes deeper than that.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Bader sends farewell video to Cardinal fans (he finally got his haircut).
Yankee fans, see what you're getting.

harrison-bader-goodbye-st-louis-cardinals-baseball-mlb
See this is where I struggle with it being professional sports. The Cardinals to me are very much like Iowa State. They are a family and when you lose someone for whatever reason. It just absolutely sucks.

It’s why I hate the constant complaining about players not performing as good as they maybe should. When guys come to St Louis they seem to really embrace the community unlike other places.

Reactions: matclone

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009

From my recliner, the lead off spot has been an issue for several years. At times in the past after Pujols left, the 4 hole was also a weak spot. Now the GM has possibly the best scenario with Goldsmith & Arenado raking. O’Neill has struggled and the other young talent shows promise. Looks like Nootbaar & Donovan will be given a shot now that Carlson & Gorman have had their look. Glad that Marmol doesn’t wait around like Matheny who waited too long to switch things up.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
From my recliner, the lead off spot has been an issue for several years. At times in the past after Pujols left, the 4 hole was also a weak spot. Now the GM has possibly the best scenario with Goldsmith & Arenado raking. O’Neill has struggled and the other young talent shows promise. Looks like Nootbaar & Donovan will be given a shot now that Carlson & Gorman have had their look. Glad that Marmol doesn’t wait around like Matheny who waited too long to switch things up.
They need another corner outfield bat that can mash, and continue to develop O'Neil and Gorman.