MLB: ***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Season Thread***

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Would have rather traded with the A’s or Blue Jays, but he is an upgrade over Knizer.
I agree, but at least we still have all the current players to make a trade in the future. Cards have a couple potential studs coming in the next few years, now is the time to explore a trade of packaging a few of our outfield depth to go get one stud corner outfielder.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Treat Willy well. I’ll miss him.

He can do more than catch, decent corner outfielder and started out as a third basemen with the Cubs before being moved. Not many guys I’ve seen in a Cubs uniform want to win more than Willson.

Only 2 negatives
- Not great at calling games. There was a decently large differential between him and literally any other catcher the cubs had calling games.
- per Joe Maddon, he’s very openly emotional, which can lead to him saying things rubbing people the wrong way. If he disagrees with a player, coach, or FO, he will let them know and be kind of a douche about it. Entirely possible he’s matured since Maddon worked with him, though

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Just speculating but I wonder if Chip Caray (Harry Caray III) would be interested? He is a play-by-play guy and is doing Bally broadcasts in Atlanta now.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I bet it will be Horton that takes over, he has done plenty of TV in the past, and just moved to the radio side last year. Keep the ever-changing cast of color men, and that would be fine.
I really liked the guy that went to Washington to do their TV 5 years ago, maybe he would be interested if Horton wants to stay on the radio side.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Rooney and Horton are apparently not interested in the Cardinals TV job.

Thank God, neither is Joe Buck.

Sounds like it could be Aaron Goldsmith. He’s the radio play by play guy for the Mariners. Moved to St. Louis when he was young, grew up a Cardinals fan, big Jack Buck guy.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
He will do a quality job, his dad always spoke highly of the Cards, and his grand dad spent 20 years broadcasting Cardinal baseball, granted it didn't end well, but he loved his time in St. Louis.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron