MLB: ***Official 2022 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The tone the MLB has set is that the first team to hit a batter can continue hitting batters all they want. The second team can not retaliate.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The tone the MLB has set is that the first team to hit a batter can continue hitting batters all they want. The second team can not retaliate.
It sucks, but you need to be smarter about it. When he threw behind the guy he should have gone outside a couple of pitches before throwing at his hip again. It was pretty obvious he was pitching at him.

That being said, the Brewers have had no qualms about hitting batters who crowd the plate and even batters who don't crowd the plate but have the audacity to take a position in the box where they can cover the whole plate. Many of the beans have been unintentional but some of them have been: "I'm going inside to brush him back and if he can't get out of the way of my heater fast enough, oh well."

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Well I see Hendricks got lit up a bit today. Wisdom 0-3 so far with the lone positive being no K's but makes him now 1 for 16 with a walk and 7 K's to start the season. I know it's real early but I was worried coming in about if Wisdom could come close to replicating what he did last season and there aren't really any better 3B option on the roster at the moment so if he is still hitting poorly a month into the season what is the plan?

Not really worried about production from any other position at the moment because they have some options or guys close to ready in the minors they can give a shot to but 3B is not one of those positions they have any better internal options with.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Third base was my biggest “so wtf are we doing here” this off-season.

My guess is Wisdom came into the year with a shot knowing Happ and Hoerner could move there in emergency situations, along with Villar, given we have enough guys that can handle outfield.

When things inevitably go south, Strumpf, Garcia, and Machado can be called up from the minors and probably do the same things Wisdom is doing.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

My guess is Wisdom came into the year with a shot knowing Happ and Hoerner could move there in emergency situations, along with Villar, given we have enough guys that can handle outfield.

When things inevitably go south, Strumpf, Garcia, and Machado can be called up from the minors and probably do the same things Wisdom is doing.
strikeout.gif

• Haha
Reactions: CYdTracked

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

They dont care about the on field product. They care about all the commercial ******** they own in wrigleyville.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Tough one tonight, left 18 runners on base. This team likely won't make the playoffs but I do appreciate that the offense appears to be a little more consistent this year and not totally dependent on the homer through a week of games.