MLB: ***Official 2021 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Disclaimer: I haven't looked into this myself. But what is the front office saying about their intentions at the deadline? The Chicago media has to be asking. Are they saying anything meaningful, or just ducking the issue at this point?

Over the past few weeks, this team has gone from having a bit of a flukey feel, to feeling more like a legitimately good squad.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Another series win. Would be nice to get the sweep tomorrow night.
Oh you will. As a Cardinals fan, this team is unwatchable. We walk every batter in sight and have about 3 good pitchers on the entire roster and none in the starting rotation.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Disclaimer: I haven't looked into this myself. But what is the front office saying about their intentions at the deadline? The Chicago media has to be asking. Are they saying anything meaningful, or just ducking the issue at this point?

Over the past few weeks, this team has gone from having a bit of a flukey feel, to feeling more like a legitimately good squad.

If you’re on Twitter, highly recommend giving Bleacher Nation a follow. They tweet a lot but they are always on top of everything Cubs related, and usually do a pretty good job of giving updates on how the farm system is doing

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com

If you’re on Twitter, highly recommend giving Bleacher Nation a follow. They tweet a lot but they are always on top of everything Cubs related, and usually do a pretty good job of giving updates on how the farm system is doing
Thanks! Those are some pretty straightforward quotes. I expected them to be tap dancing around it more than that, bit I'm encouraged by Hoyer's perspective. He basically summarized my thoughts perfectly: With few exceptions, teams in their position go for it at the deadline. Why should this be treated any differently?

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018

If we continue to be up in the top 2 of the Central we won’t be trading any of our stars away. We will try and make a run.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I feel bad for anyone who isn’t enjoying watching this team play baseball, they are fun as hell to watch. Joc was the perfect offseason addition for this team, what a jolt of energy he’s brought.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don’t understand how this team is good, but I’ll take it. Guess we’re not selling so this better work

I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out at some point and it hasn't. Still don't think the rotation is built to hold up over the long haul or in a playoff series so if they do get serious about being buyers and not sellers the rotation is the 1st place to start. Still concerns me they could still go all in to compete this year, get taken out in the NLDS and nearly everyone walks and they have nothing to show for it which would suck. Coming into this season I was already in the mindset this was going to be a sell off season at the deadline after they looked horrible and now that hasn't happened I am really torn on what to think.

Still a lot of games to be played between now and late July so will have to see them sustain the good play and be solidly in 1st mid July to not still have doubts on what they should do at the deadline. If they are in a funk and a handful of games out of first in mid to late July I'm still onboard with a sell off but if they are a handful of games in first and they can acquire some pieces without gutting the already lacking farm system then let's go for it.

Reactions: GT25Ump

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out at some point and it hasn't. Still don't think the rotation is built to hold up over the long haul or in a playoff series so if they do get serious about being buyers and not sellers the rotation is the 1st place to start. Still concerns me they could still go all in to compete this year, get taken out in the NLDS and nearly everyone walks and they have nothing to show for it which would suck. Coming into this season I was already in the mindset this was going to be a sell off season at the deadline after they looked horrible and now that hasn't happened I am really torn on what to think.

Still a lot of games to be played between now and late July so will have to see them sustain the good play and be solidly in 1st mid July to not still have doubts on what they should do at the deadline. If they are in a funk and a handful of games out of first in mid to late July I'm still onboard with a sell off but if they are a handful of games in first and they can acquire some pieces without gutting the already lacking farm system then let's go for it.
I'm definitely just being optimistic but I wonder if the success so far this season makes some guys want to come back and give it another go. Winning is fun and if they keep this up, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Javy and Rizzo sign team friendly deals. I think they want to be Cubs for life. Boras is Boras and it'll just be a matter of if the Cubs are going to shell out the big bucks. He ain't signing a team friendly deal, and I don't blame him

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I'm definitely just being optimistic but I wonder if the success so far this season makes some guys want to come back and give it another go. Winning is fun and if they keep this up, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Javy and Rizzo sign team friendly deals. I think they want to be Cubs for life. Boras is Boras and it'll just be a matter of if the Cubs are going to shell out the big bucks. He ain't signing a team friendly deal, and I don't blame him
Why would Rizzo and Javy sign team friendly deals if Bryant isnt willing to? Bryant should have signed for $200 million plus a few years ago, hope they trade him before the deadline.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Why would Rizzo and Javy sign team friendly deals if Bryant isnt willing to? Bryant should have signed for $200 million plus a few years ago, hope they trade him before the deadline.
They don't have the biggest douche in baseball that is Scott Boras as their agent. And KB is legitimate superstar ability when healthy. I love Javy and Rizzo, and they are fan favorites, but either of them at their best is nowhere close to KB at his best

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron