MLB: ***Official 2021 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Well, of course we screwed this whole thing up. Just unbelievable.

What is there to screw up? Anything more then a comp pick is better then what we would have gotten if we did nothing. I don't feel like waiting 6 years to see if the comp pick turns out to be good or not.

And we are still in the same spot to sign him as a free agent.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
What is there to screw up? Anything more then a comp pick is better then what we would have gotten if we did nothing. I don't feel like waiting 6 years to see if the comp pick turns out to be good or not.

And we are still in the same spot to sign him as a free agent.

I think I just mean collectively. You have a guy like KB who is a generational talent. Is young, can hit, can run and can field multiple positions. If you weren't going to resign him you should have traded when value was high. You wait until the moment you literally have the least amount of bargaining power possible and this is what happens.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I think I just mean collectively. You have a guy like KB who is a generational talent. Is young, can hit, can run and can field multiple positions. If you weren't going to resign him you should have traded when value was high. You wait until the moment you literally have the least amount of bargaining power possible and this is what happens.

Is he though?

Also, his value has been low for years, when did you want to trade him, 2017?

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Wooooooow I was in a great mood and liking the Cubs' moves...until the KB trade. They basically just gave him away for nothing. WTF.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
The Cubs did ok this deadline. Now we'll see how FA goes...
Rizzo trade: B (I really like Alcantara's potential)
Baez trade: C+ (I do like PCA but not getting anyone else with him is disappointing)
Kimbrel trade: A (Madrigal was a great get)
Marisnick trade: B (Getting a former top 100 prospect to take a flier on is good in my view)
Bryant trade: F (just terrible; Canario can't hit, he's striking out over 30% of the time at low A)